New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ummm, is this room 216A?

Started by ianmack1, February 24, 2007, 11:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianmack1

Hey!  I thought I would introduce myself...my name is Ian, and I like to sit and stare at a tank full of water.  Well, actually there are some plants and fish in it, too.  Not many, though...still waiting for the plants!  It all started two years ago when my GF wanted a goldfish bowl.  I resisted, then fell in love.  Then we bought a 20G tank, filled it full of everthing we liked, and watched them slowly die off.  I like to think that I've learned a lot already, and am now setting up my first planted tank.  I have one tough crypt right now that survived a lot, and two swordtails named Scream and Comet.  Once the plants are in, we'll add some more fish!

I had no idea at the beginning that keeping fish and plants would be such a science project...but I love it.  Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Cheers, ian  :D

babblefish1960

Welcome to OVAS, baptism by fire it seems, you can learn quite a lot from mistakes much more quickly, especially if they are costly. I'm sure you will find a few more things down the road that will help and further encourage you in your enterprise of science.

It is amusing that we are all concerned with things like pH, Gh, kH and nitrates and so on, stuff you never thought you'd ever want to know, never mind talking passionately about it with other weirdos.

Quote from: ianmack1 on February 24, 2007, 11:10:07 PM
It all started two years ago when my GF wanted a goldfish bowl.  I resisted, then fell in love.  :D

Sorry to make fun, but that is good you fell in love with your GF over a goldfish bowl, imagine if you will all the love once you get serious about multiple tank syndrome. ;)

fishycanuck

No, this is the room for an argument. ::)

babblefish1960

We'll have no automatic gainsaying here thank you very much. Silly fishycanuck.

I wanted to add one more posit to my earlier post, and that would be that I love your evil avatar, and of course the description "Siamese algae eating duck", it shows a certain penchant for humour that some folks love to get in on.

So enjoy the site, and don't forget, No one ever expects the Spanish inquisition! :)