New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What a great site

Started by Jeff1192, August 22, 2007, 09:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

I'm the newest (at least while I'm writing this) card carrying member of the OVAS  :). I'm also new to the site and have already received a ton of great information. I had a couple of different sized tanks growing up but have been out of the hobby for about 12 years now. I've decided it's time to jump back in. I am in the process of researching and planning to put together a 75 gallon FW planted tank in the fall. My 3yr old son is absolutely crazy about fish (thanks to Finding Nemo) and this is what allowed me to finally convince my wife that this was a good idea. I think she always liked the idea but was a little hesitant when I have brought it up before. Anyways I'm getting all sorts of good information from this site. Man where was the internet when I was 15 and had my aquarium (I'm 35 now)? I'm planning on making a community tank with some live-bearers. I also have to have a bubbling treasure chest because there's one in Finding Nemo and my son insists that there has to be one in the tank. I've never been a fan of the bubbling tank decorations but what can you do when your 3yr old wants something that easy to give him? Oh well I guess I'll have to live with it. So thanks again to those of you who have already given me some great information and I look forward to knowing that this great resource will be here once my tank is up and running.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

dan2x38

Hey Jeff great to meet ya... My son whose 9 loves fish. he cares for his own 10 gal. He is also an OVAS card holder. Nice your getting back into. I love it only been into the hobby just over 1 year hooked big time. You already have a strong case for supporting MTS (multi tank syndrome). You want a 75 gal., you do not like bubbling treasure chests, your son needs one hence 2 tanks... 8) A 75 gal. for you & a 10 gal. for your son with a teasure chest bubbling away...  ;)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."