New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Eheim Ecco Pro Easy 60 mistery o-ring

Started by Kelly, February 14, 2016, 06:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

So I just did my first cleaning of my Eheim Ecco Pro Easy 60 filter and after rinsing the head and cleaning the impeller I put it back together and found a dime size o-ring in the sink that I have no idea where it goes. I tried looking it up on-line but there are no schematics that go into detail about these filters. I only opened the impeller compartment, I didn't open anything else so it's gotta go there somewhere but I'm puzzled. Any help would be appreciated 
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

lucius

Looks like it may have come from one of the quick disconnects, page 64.

https://www.eheim.com/resources/product//263/downloads/11/EHEIM_eccoPro_130_200_300_manual.pdf

Kelly

Quote from: lucius on February 14, 2016, 08:50:43 PM
Looks like it may have come from one of the quick disconnects, page 64.

https://www.eheim.com/resources/product//263/downloads/11/EHEIM_eccoPro_130_200_300_manual.pdf

Thanks Lucius, I thought you were onto it but the o-rings are still on the disconnects, it comes from somewhere else but nothing seems to fit or make sense. It definitely came from the filter though.

Kelly

I finally got my new probe for my PH controller and the purpose for this filter is just to run my CO2 through the external reactor, well if not tonight maybe tomorrow I'll drop in to Big Al's.

Kelly

Turns out it is a mystery O-ring, it doesn't belong to the Eheim. I went to Big Al's and they graciously opened a box to check the impeller housing and, nope no o-ring, thanks guys. I sealed up my filter and started it up and it's running like a charm.

wolfiewill

Would it be too much trouble to take a picture with a ruler beside the o ring, and post it here? I've had soooooo much trouble with o rings lately that perhaps we can identify it that way.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain