New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I dislike rearrangement of forums!

Started by dpatte, September 26, 2006, 07:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

before we had fresh, salt, and forsale in the main forums

i liked this since they all had to do with our hobby

what is the lounge now doing in the main forums, and why is the forsale moved ouT.

Now if you are selling a car - its in the main forum, but if you want to buy a tank - its somewhere else.

it makes no sense to me, this new rearrangement.

this is an aquarium club - not a chat club - the main forums should be related to the hobby.

babblefish1960

patience grasshopper, soon all shall be revealed and make wonderfully clear sense.

When you can snatch this pebble from my hand...

darkdep

Stay tuned.  There are some new forums being opened up and it will make sense when they are all activated.

dpatte

oh no = i'll have to visit more than two?

who has time for that?

darkdep

Wait and see.  It will be good, I promise.

Rocktopus

*Anticipates 3 types of classified forum*
I'm thinking... FS forum, LF forum, and Non-hobby related forum?

babblefish1960

Quote from: DarkDep on September 26, 2006, 07:37:43 PM
Wait and see.  It will be good, I promise.
I'm guessing you lot shake your gifts early to guess what they are too, don't you, relax, have a nice tea, and wait and see.

Julie

adam_ottawa

murgus

Given we now have a "Classified Ads (Personal)" forum and a shopping category, I suspect there were will be, at least, a "Classified Ads (Business)" forum in the near future. 

Which would be good as there are a lot (IMO) of grey area posts in the "Classified Ads (Personal)" forum...

Andrew

artw

well I'll let DarkDep spill the beans on that one.
I never click on the forums individually. I click on "Show Unread" and it does it for me.  I do this probably 30 times a day.

Rocktopus

Quote from: artw on September 27, 2006, 09:29:13 AM
well I'll let DarkDep spill the beans on that one.
I never click on the forums individually. I click on "Show Unread" and it does it for me.  I do this probably 30 times a day.

Same here.  I didn't even notice the change until maybe 2 days ago.

dpatte

Im still not sure about the rearrangement of the forums.

If you are selling a tuba, the ad is in the main forums, but if you are selling a tank - its in the third section.  ???

darkdep

Keep in mind that our forums are not really intended for sale of non-aquatic related items.  However, since the Lounge is more of a, well, a lounge, we don't really prevent the posting of the occasional ad just between friends.  The Lounge shouldn't be thought of as a for-sale forum.

artw

I never thought of anyone selling a tuba, fish forum or not.

babblefish1960

You could plug up the mouth piece and turn that tuba into a betta bowl. :D

Iceman

You could buy said tuba and apply for a job at A&W.  ;D

artw

woot beer.  you know I still haven't actually heard or seen that commercial and I never will.