New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I never liked TLC anyways

Started by Medym, November 14, 2011, 05:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medym

So I have been doing some fooling around, some research and I think I have figured out one possible option for my new build.  I wanted to do one of two things in replacing my 56 gal with something smaller, and with a sump.

Well folks, here is my first concept doodle of what it could be:

(and if you didn't get the reference to the title; Waterfalls, as in the TLC song "dont go chasing waterfalls..." I am hilarious, I know) 

daworldisblack

Quote from: Medym on November 14, 2011, 05:38:00 PM

(and if you didn't get the reference to the title; Waterfalls, as in the TLC song "dont go chasing waterfalls..." I am hilarious, I know)  

I guess you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all :p Could be interesting..
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

salvini55

plan for salt creep! very cool idea

cdylnicki

Was that salt "Creep"? (Also another TLC song)

Cheebs

Awesome concept. If you haven't yet, please take a look at this thread, it will prove to be very useful I'm sure:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2016108&highlight=waterfall

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Medym

Quote from: JetJumper on November 15, 2011, 07:29:09 PM
Coles notes video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwhIlripJmA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I had actually done up this and another sketchup and spent a bit more time on this one. I had originally had the tank planned to just pour water over the glass. After seeing this video on nano-reefs as I was doing some more research, I ended up modifying the plan since this way I would have the chance to control the flow a bit more.

Alas, the wife came across a problem; constantly trickling water.  Our own indoor babbling brook of water gently flowing over rocks and splashing into a tank....pardon me, I need to go to the washroom.