New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 180g, 4 sided viewable project thread

Started by Hookup, August 28, 2009, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

new2salt

Quote from: Nelson on March 22, 2010, 09:28:45 PM
Probably the most entertaining and informative thread that I've read on OVAS!!  Thanks......

Ditto

LMAO  ;D

Hookup

Some photos.

Working on more rock work tonight.  If there's noticeable progress i'll photo and post.  Time to get this build back onto some kind of schedule.

Rybren

Looking good Tim.

It would, however, look much better with water, fish, and corals in it  ;D
120G Reef

salvini55

Tim I dont think youll have enough spread on a tank your size with that light fixture  ;)

Hookup

Quote from: salvini55 on March 25, 2010, 07:12:40 PM
Tim I dont think youll have enough spread on a tank your size with that light fixture  ;)

LOL... took me a minute...

Hookup

Rock work is 99% done... just patching some small spots left for tomorrow.

Closed Loop plumbing beings tomorrow... and with luck, ends tomorrow as well.

Wet-testing the tank with tap-water to follow...

If there are no other major issues, and yes there was a major PITA today, that pop up the salt should be in the new tank by next weekend.

Oh, and I flooded the basement today while dropping salinity 0.04!!! over 8 hours... I do not recomend it... if/when stuff dies i'll post..

Vincenzo.

^that rock work is gangster man. what a tedious job, imho i dont have the patience, but good on ya man, good on ya..

Hookup

Agreed... I'd never do it again... ever.

The look is quite nice... but I'd go cement next time, which was the plan... oh bother.

Made huge progress this weekend.  Rock work is done!  YEAH!

Plumbing is 50% or more.  The inputs to the CL pumps is all done.  In fact, I used one CL pump to fire out water from a water test fill that I did with the garden hose. :) pretty good distance in to the backyard.

Todo: 
1. Post some photos that my wife took.
2. Connect "spider" of 1" spa-flex to the CL outputs (2 or 3 hours)
3. Clean and add substrate (1 hour)
4. Make 100gallons of New Salt Water and get it into the tank with the CL on and some heaters
5. Connect Sump to new system (like 30min that will take 3 hours)
6. Transfer old-tank to new tank.
7. Drywall, Skin Stand, Paint

JetJumper

Quote from: Hookup on April 18, 2010, 06:54:12 PM
Agreed... I'd never do it again... ever.

The look is quite nice... but I'd go cement next time, which was the plan... oh bother.

Made huge progress this weekend.  Rock work is done!  YEAH!

Plumbing is 50% or more.  The inputs to the CL pumps is all done.  In fact, I used one CL pump to fire out water from a water test fill that I did with the garden hose. :) pretty good distance in to the backyard.

Todo: 
1. Post some photos that my wife took.
2. Connect "spider" of 1" spa-flex to the CL outputs (2 or 3 hours)
3. Clean and add substrate (1 hour)
4. Make 100gallons of New Salt Water and get it into the tank with the CL on and some heaters
5. Connect Sump to new system (like 30min that will take 3 hours)
6. Transfer old-tank to new tank.
7. Drywall, Skin Stand, Paint

Perfect, so next weekend you will be done ;)  hehe!

Good stuff, can't wait for pictures! :D
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Hookup

The plan is to be done by next weekend.... 100% done.

Got to list the current tank as final-for-sale...  It'd be a shame to have the corals on the walls of the tank all die but i'm not running two systems...

salvini55

I cant wait  :D you better put fly fishing on hold till your done the transfer!

redbelly

How is the tank coming along this week?

Rybren

better put fly fishing on hold till your done the transfer

That's blasphemy!!  Wash your mouth out with skimmate, young man!
120G Reef

Hookup

Tonights goal is to get as many of the CL's connected and finished.  If the stars align, and I do not see why that would start happening now, I can get them all done and be ready for a full-tank water test, including CL circulation tomorrow... which I cannot do tomorrow so it'll happen wednesday.

At that point we're good for real-salt water, which should take about 2 days, max at which time I'll cut-over the sump to start that mixing and what not while the 92 gal sits sans-sump for a few days.

I fully anticipate being out of the "old" system and into the "new" system this weekend.

salvini55

Quote from: Rybren on April 19, 2010, 01:24:47 PM
better put fly fishing on hold till your done the transfer

That's blasphemy!!  Wash your mouth out with skimmate, young man!

Sounds like somebodys water-proof britches are riding up!  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rybren

Hey, Tim has all the good flies.  I need him to go fishing so I can bum some off him  ;D
120G Reef

Hookup

Ryben.. the boat is out of storage... we should fish... Fly fishing from the boat is interesting...

Or we could hit Long Island... The flow isn't too fast right now... it's wadeable.

PS: my wife got me a bit loaded on wine so not a lot of progress will be made tonight...

Contains Moose

Quote from: Hookup on April 19, 2010, 07:16:35 PM

PS: my wife got me a bit loaded on wine so not a lot of progress will be made tonight...

When that happens at this house lots of progress will happen.

Rybren

Tim,

Both ideas sound good.  Now, all we need is time.  That's something I seem to be in short supply of these days.

Jerry
120G Reef