New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 180g, 4 sided viewable project thread

Started by Hookup, August 28, 2009, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holachicka

alongfortheride

Patrick and I will be there on Thursday - we will try to sneak our camera in :)

holachicka

Quote from: alongfortheride on May 17, 2010, 05:39:48 PM
Patrick and I will be there on Thursday - we will try to sneak our camera in :)

YES YES YES - But dont tell Hookup ;)

Mfish

Hi, are you goanna put this monster in your living room? I heard about the main floor can only support up to 120G+ sump in a long run...
Did you have any special support under the floor in your basement??
Your tank will be amazing I think...
Thanks..

Rybren

120G Reef

Hookup

UPDATE:

The tank is running.  I had a problem with Nitrite/Nitrate after the move.  It was quickly found and fixed, but the SPS are recovering... I did lose some pieces, and others might not recover.  I'd guess 40% loss would be the final total.

The pumps are way too loud under the tank.  I've asked for some ultra-low DB versions to try them out.  More on that when they arrive.  For now, I take a lot of asprin.

The stand itself is not framed, and the drywall is still all a mess and ripped open.  I've got to get some hours dedicated to fixing this up.  Though right now, with my forward-looking glasses, i'm not seeing any.

No fish losses... ok, one fish.  A small cleaner goby.  I had 4, I cannot find the 4th one.  It never came out of the old tank... I just never found it.... i think it got itself wedged into some rock-work and got crushed/died... might be in the sump... but either way, i'm callit it a lost fish, not a dead fish (ha-ha)

The system just doesn't look WOW.  This is for 3 reasons;
1) The nitrite/nitrate spike browned out all the SPS
2) the unfinished drywall/stand
3) the new-tank-syndrome

guyfish

So far so good Tim.. I understand your reluctancy to post pics.. U want to show it as the masterpiece that it will soon be... It's like cleaning the glass before visitors come, show your best.. But dion't be hard on yourself, it already looks awesome....

And just a thought... I'm no electrician but shouldn't those outlets under the tank be GFI's?  I know that you probably wouldn't want a pump shutting down because of a stray drop, but a house fire is far worse. .. Trust me, i'm currently in the rebuilding process.

But anywho, good luck.. It looks sweet! (MORE PICS!!!!)  ;)

Hookup

Good catch! They should and will be.. well the one in-line before them will be that I am adding to run the lights.

holachicka

well, its about time...freag-a-dah!

I have to say - very nice looking tank! I serioulsy cannot wait to see the finished product - keep the pics coming!

HomerJ

I think he just Photoshopped a bunch of pic from RC....  ;-b

dan2x38

Great build who cares what anyone else says or thinks! :) A lot of hard work and really shows. This will be a master piece in no time. Real centrepiece for your home. Thanks for sharing. It dwarfs my efforts and opens the Pandoras box of questions.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vincenzo.

thats || BIG PIMPIN || man,

i give you 2x boombaps!

BOOMbap!!
boomBAP!!

Rybren

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Looking great Tim.

See, you didn't have to be so shy.  We're one big happy and disfunctional family here.

We will, however, expect daily updates from now on.
120G Reef

Severum

Excellent job and nice work. The pics were great, especially the booty shot in the first one.  :o
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

RoxyDog

Quote from: holachicka on May 26, 2010, 05:20:24 PM
I have to say - very nice looking tank! I serioulsy cannot wait to see the finished product - keep the pics coming!

x2!

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

ramblnpony

I especially love the coral structures you built. With the water in, they are looking even more awesome.  Can only imagine what they will look like when fully populated!  :D

JetJumper

Now that you are into the final steps on presentation, when are you planning to upgrade to a 300+ gallon tank? :D
.: JetJumper's Zone :.