New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Help! Overheating RedSea with no heater!!!

Started by barabe, January 02, 2012, 10:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barabe

(PROBLEM SOLVED: BOTH FANS DIED) What could be the cause of an overheating RedSea 30???

Did an emergency waterchange with "cooler" water. Dropped in some ice cubes made with RO water... Fish are still all ok... Mushroom seem ok. Leathers not happy. Carpet anemone looks fine.

What am I missing???

mchotdog

mine doesnt heat up that bad. make sure fans are working, not clogged. make sure your heater is not broken. i have had heater that broke in the past and just kept on heating up no matter what the water temp is.

Darth

they said they had no heater, check the pumps if any, if they are submerged and not working they could be giving off lots of heat, try floating ice in ziploc bags this way it doesnt mess with the chemistry of the tank

mchotdog

Quote from: Darth on January 02, 2012, 11:14:13 PM
they said they had no heater, check the pumps if any, if they are submerged and not working they could be giving off lots of heat, try floating ice in ziploc bags this way it doesnt mess with the chemistry of the tank
hmm u right.

barabe

Found the problem... Both light fans died at the same time!!!
Thank you for all the replies.