New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Need a 10 gallon tank ASAP

Started by Brine, February 08, 2012, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brine

Just got a call from a friend who works at a home for men with head injuries. There was an accident and a client's 10 gallon tank was shattered. They have no budget to replace it and the fish need a new home. They still have the stand and light and lid and filter etc. They just need the glass tank. If anyone has one they can give please PM me and I will put you in contact with them. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

charlie

Quote from: Brine on February 08, 2012, 06:08:00 PM
Just got a call from a friend who works at a home for men with head injuries. There was an accident and a client's 10 gallon tank was shattered. They have no budget to replace it and the fish need a new home. They still have the stand and light and lid and filter etc. They just need the glass tank. If anyone has one they can give please PM me and I will put you in contact with them. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
pm sent

drboeing

I can offer a loaner, dont need it back anytime soon... Call me

Brine

Thanks to "Charlie" for his offer to purchase, pick up and help set up the tank. He made a great effort on behalf of these men. Apparently "Charlie" contacted the club president and was told that the club would offer to purchase the 10G tank for the home. I understand that the plan so far is that "Charlie" will pick up a tank from one of our sponsors tomorrow and drop it off at the home and the staff and clients there will set it up tomorrow and return the fish to their new home.
Thanks Errol aka "Charlie" and Rob aka "robt18" and all of OVAS. This is one of the times that our club really shows it's true colours. Yay OVAS!!!

drboeing

glad itll work out well, how many times has dear Charlie stepped up to help people out?  our first encounter was when he called me to help with my first (of a few) 911's  Charlie, were lucky to have you!

Peekay

pm

So when do we wish to schedule the annual Errol appreciation day  :)

bettabreeder

+1 Errol has helped me a number of times

charlie

Quote from: pm on February 09, 2012, 09:10:37 AM
So when do we wish to schedule the annual Errol appreciation day  :)
Thanks Peter, but that would not be necessary  ;D, i just did what any other hobbyist would do.
I actually met the person who lost their tank this morning & the club can feel proud for getting this gentleman the tank, he conveys his gratitude for it, thanks for making the decision Rob.
To see the glee in his eyes this morning made my day a better one.
I have taken the liberty to invite him down to one of our meetings along with his care provider
Way to go OVAS.

sas