New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

aquarium repair

Started by astare, March 26, 2012, 04:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astare

not sure if this is the right section, mods feel free to move.

does anyone know where to go/ anyone who will repair aquariums? i have a tank that needs a new pane installed. im hoping there is someone who can help. this is my favorite tank. 

JetJumper

how big is the tank?
  depending on size its probably cheaper to buy a new tank.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

astare

its a 52 gal flat back hex, it was my first tank (except for a few 10 gal) im kinda attached to it

daworldisblack

You could probably do it yourself - what needs to be done? Pics of whats wrong might help.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Saltcreep

Depending on which pane is shot, being a hex, a good repair will probaby be better than the factory job anyway.

ray

You can contact some glass shops,but I can almost guarantee that you'll pay more for the pane of glass and installation than the tank is worth,especially as you say it is approx 10 yrs old

Ray

JetJumper

+1 from ray.  I have tried to repair hex tanks myself and its a pain.  I always had a pin hole leak somewhere.. I gave up.  I have done other tanks that are regular rectangles with no issues.. but I won't touch a hex tank again.  not worth my time.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

astare

thanks guys, i gave up and found one from perfecto for 150$ that is identical to the old one. (ps, i never stated how old the tank is, that guy is good, off by two years, but good)