New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

red brushlike things sticking out on fish anus.....

Started by blueknight0303, June 23, 2012, 11:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueknight0303

i have guppies with this things sticking out on their anus... is this a parasite? if so please tell how to treat it.... many thanks!

Shawn84

You have Callamus worm. Search them up. The only treatment for that is Levamisole HCl. If treated early. Ur fish wouldn't die from it. But search up that worm
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

blueknight0303

i have 15 fish in my tank..... so far i only see 3 of it sticking out of my guppy... i looked it up in the internet and it says that levamisole only paralyzes the worm but its still alive... the only effective and permanent treatment for them is fendbendazole which i tried to find and you can only get it from vets.. and i dont know any fish vets here in ottawa, they have it on dogs and cats vets but they wont prescribe it to someone with fish..

Shawn84

Double check that. Levamisole get rid of them. Other then that I read that fendba doesn't work well. I had an out break. Save all with Leva.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

blueknight0303

you are probably right.. it says paralyze the worm so probably sooner or later it will die... but im 100% sure it doesnt work on eggs... how and how long did u treat your tank? i have a 20 gallon thats probably infested, even if i see 1 guppy with worms, ill consider that the whole tank is already infected. how much do you sell them and where can we meet? i live in ottawa near Fisher/Baseline road.