New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

15 gallon shrimp tank

Started by charlie, March 04, 2011, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

forgot about that -GH is maintained between 4-5  with the help of Seachem equilibrium .

daworldisblack

Sweet .. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to setting mine asap!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

daworldisblack

how high do you have your light fixture ? Sitting on the rim? Raised?

charlie

It`s been almost a year so time for an update  ;)

exv152

Nice setup Errol. How about the 79g, something tells me you've redone that one too.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on November 18, 2013, 08:29:47 PM
Nice setup Errol. How about the 79g, something tells me you've redone that one too.
Thanks Eric.
Somebody has been letting the cat out the bag  ;D ;D
Your feeling is right, I have reworked the 79 for the umpteen time , as well as the 25  :)
Just waiting for some more growth before I take a picture of the 79 & for some good for nothing algae to clear from the 25  >:(

charlie

Just a quick update. I want to point out this tank has Fluval substrate since 2011, lights are 12 inches above the top of the tank from a sunlight 24 inch T5 HO strip with a reflector, there is no co2 or no fertilizers supplementing this tank- 10-15% water change weekly, so you can call this tank low tech, easy maintenance tank. Don`t worry about the air pump that feeds air to the bosses gold fish tank above, it is anchored there & will not fall into the tank ;)

Java fern, Anubias, moss?, Crypts & dwarf Sag.

Errol

charlie

shrimp are doing that multiplication thing ;D, this time I`ll be letting them continue without dwindling their numbers  :P

daworldisblack

Quote from: charlie on August 13, 2014, 09:48:35 AM
shrimp are doing that multiplication thing ;D, this time I`ll be letting them continue without dwindling their numbers  :P

Looks good Errol! Looks like candy canes got dropped all over the tank. Lil too early for xmas decorations no? haha. Thanks for the update!

Jeff1192

Wow that's awesome. Hoping to have similar success. Looks amazing.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

exv152

Quote from: charlie on August 13, 2014, 09:48:35 AM

Nice tank Errol. How much water are you changing on a weekly basis?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Thanks Guy`s.
I  try to change 10% weekly, but sometimes it ends up being 10% every 2 weeks

fischkopp

Those shrimps are a nice to watch! Will have to try to keep a couple of them alive one day.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031