New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Evolving Jungle - 157L Planted Tank

Started by pm, December 30, 2011, 04:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

Looking good. Keep the black background. It's the best choice for planted tanks.

Growth is great, so I will be trying to add a bit of positive criticisms: It's looking a bit to uniform looking from a distance, like a wall of green. Try to use different shades of green, and move the reddish plants in front of the green wall. They are you focal points.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

bizfromqc

Great looking tank Peter.

Didn't you say at the last PA meeting that you wanted to remove the moss from wood? It's coming back  8)

charlie

Hey Peter your research & dedication shines through in the lush & healthy growth, great job.
Errol

Janny

Gorgeous! I prefer the black background - wish I could access my tank backs to do it now. :)

pm

Thanks for all the comments and feedback.  Much appreciated.

Oh, and I will respect the votes... The background will remain  8)

pm

Long overdue update:

Well I got tired of the old layout, and some of the plants got too bushy from repeated trimmings, so I decided to do a rescape about a month ago.

Not the best pic, and not complete yet, but I though I would share.

The left side is looking pretty decent, other than the glosso, which needs to fill in (it started on the right side, hence it being quite thick there).

The background plants on the right side are barely visible in the pic, but they are there, and will be tall when grown in.  The left side has been trimmed since the picture as the Ludwigia was growing out of the water.

Cheers!

daworldisblack

Wow.. looks awesome! I like how your needle-leave javafern is coming along!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

bettabreeder

Looks amazing as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizfromqc

exv152

Nice setup. The rocks look familiar  ;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

pm

Well since there is yet another planted tank meeting coming up to which I cannot attend  >:( , I thought it was time to update/share my own tanks online   8) .  Here is an update of my 48 gallon:

This tank has been through a number of iterations since the last update (a few pics are attached), but in the end the shear volume of plants, combined with having to tear the tank down to allow new flooring to be put in, a new scape was in order.

pm

Lots of growing in to do, but here is the new scape pic.

Info on the tank setup:
Tank: 48 Gallon rimless
Lights: 3x39w T5HO
CO2: pressurized with ISTA Mix Max reactor
Substrate: Black Diamond blasting sand
Hardscape: Wood and rocks

The lower level plants are not 100% figured out yet.  Currently trying HC, but will need to see if the bigger fish in the tank uproot it too much (BN Plecos and SAEs)

fischkopp

It's looking quite nice. Very healthy grow in all iterations. That's what makes this hobby fun! :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

daworldisblack

Lol.. you've been doing all these awesomeness in silence! Thanks for sharing!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Very nice setup. Too bad you can't make it Saturday.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g