New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New 25 Gal apisto tank

Started by Lurch1, March 26, 2012, 07:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurch1

bettabreeder

Quote from: Lurch1 on April 05, 2012, 08:12:35 AM

How did you attach it to the tank?

I have a hob filter and snuck it under there but clear hockey tape works as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizfromqc

I finally did the sticky vinyl and it was a breeze. I will never apply a background with tape or spray paint a tank anymore.

(don't know if you guys noticed but it was the background of my fry tank)

Lurch1

I should have looked when I was there! I'm a dummy.

bizfromqc

It's all coming together nicely, job well done!
Is this where you're going to house the A. cacatuoides juvies?

exv152

Ah, I see you went with the marbled hatchets, nice touch. How many of those did you get?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Lurch1

The juvies are in my fry tank. I forgot that I had one when I was talking to you. It was a long day. I really like the marble hatches. I decided to go with neon as the cardinals were still under quarantine and I am inpatient.

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

bettabreeder

I saw those guys at BA wanted some so badly but no tank space. A new tank in the future perhaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurch1

Yeah I thought  they looked pretty sweet. I guess I will have to set up another apistos tank for my cockatoos. What a shame!

exv152

I like the first picture, the colours are beginning to get intenser.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

bizfromqc

Nice looking fish, great colors.

How are they acting up together? Did you think about maybe getting a trio to increase your pairing chances and disperse some of the aggression (if and when it comes)?

Never kept agassizi so I don't know if that's even an option for that size tank...

Keep us updated!
Eric