New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Scape of my 55 Gallon...Need Input

Started by masoud100, November 29, 2012, 12:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masoud100

So can u guys give me an example of my stocking like numbers of each? When charlie mentioned 3 rams which rams was he talking about. And also he mentioned cichlids or a pair of pearls which cichlids are u talking about?

charlie

OK here is my suggestion of stocking list
50 Harlequins
1 male of one of the following - German Blue Ram or Bolvian Ram or a Apsito o your choice
2 compatiable females for any one of the above cichlids you choose ( they are all dwarf cichlids)
Male & Female bushy nose pleco
6 ottocats
6 amano shrimp
2 Siamese Algae Eaters - the true SAE - resarch true SAE online
off to the fish shop you go with your shopping list in hand  ;)
Regards

masoud100

Thanks charlie however another problem arises. How can i sex the rams and he plecos? Also i cant put any albino cories?

masoud100

Also would anybody know where to get good sized bn plecos from? Especially the albino version.

masoud100

Thank you Charlie today I went and bought 10 Harlequin Rasboras, and 2 SAE. Every week I will add 10 more Harlequins but currently the 10 Harlequins and 2 SAE look good. Do you know any place to get Otto Cats?

wrm130

Critter jungle usually has them, or big als.

masoud100

Thanks i did get the ottos and just need to find the amano shrimp. Anybody have any ideas where to get them from.

P.S. my tank looks amazing currently 10 rasboras, 2 SAE, 6 Otto cats...will post pictures soon

76brian

Quote from: masoud100 on December 03, 2012, 04:52:37 PMP.S. my tank looks amazing currently 10 rasboras, 2 SAE, 6 Otto cats...will post pictures soon

Uhh

Wow.

Just... wow.

Quote from: masoud100 on November 18, 2012, 12:53:48 AMMy current fish stocking is

1 Rope Fish
1 Leopard Ctenopoma
9 Green Tiger Barb
9 Tiger Barb
1 Red Tail Black Shark
3 Zebra Thorn Snails

masoud100

Quote from: 76brian on December 03, 2012, 08:54:25 PM
Uhh

Wow.

Just... wow.

[/quote

Well yes i take the blane for changong my stocking buty favourite community fosh has always been harlequins and now with siamease algae eaters and ottos my first time i love their interactions etc and they look perfect for a planted tank. I sold all my other fish and the store was amazed at the quality and size of my fish

Stussi613

Looking really good Masoud!

I really like the layout, you clearly read the links provided and learned quite a bit.
I haz reef tanks.

sas

Nice!
Your tank is coming along wonderfully.
Do keep us updated as it fills in :).

Peekay

Good start!  Nice variety and number of plants already!
Is the plexiglass not completely covered because you're going to take it out? 
What's that on the right?  It looks like a log maybe? 

masoud100

Thanks for the compliments I am liking it as well. What is a plexiglass? Yes on the right is kind of a log and is actually very good as my fish sometimes swim through it.

masoud100

My tank is coming on very good and plants (especially Water Wisteria flourishing). I am dosing it everyday with Excel and also have a Co2 running (suited for 20 gallon). Currently have just over 20 Harlequin Rasbora, 6 Otto Cats, 2 Siamease Algae Eaters, Had 6 Shrimp (But only see 3) I think the rest died and I have 2 BN Plecos full size but have never seen them since the first day I put them and its been a week now.

P.S. Also while examining my tank closely I saw a couple (4) small fish that had a vertical black stripe. Thinking for a minute I believe now they are Tiger Barb (Fry) as I had Tiger Barbs prior to doing a makeover of my tank. And also I have just noticed one of my Harelequin Rasbora seems to be getting ready to deliver fry as well