New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

The good old air pump

Started by charlie, October 09, 2014, 12:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Not sure how many hobbyist here ever saw this or used one, these things were the  workhorse in it`s day & I bet will out perform some of the new technology in the pumps we get today in every department - noise , supply & durability.
I fondly remember having several of theses as a youngster back home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdhncxI9rUA

sas

Definitely used them years ago and still do on occasion, along with those old corner filters.
Boy am I dating myself :-[.

Jeff1192

Never had one of those but when I had a 10 gallon and a 33 gallon as a kid I had those corner filters.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

ajm1961

Never saw one of those before - looks sturdy though. Bet they lasted longer than the ones we have now...
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on October 09, 2014, 06:16:25 PM
Never saw one of those before - looks sturdy though. Bet they lasted longer than the ones we have now...
Oh they last  a loooooooooooong time, periodic drop of oil  & it`s good to go again.
I remember dropping one & the wheel got bent, I took it apart placed it on a meat block & straighten it with a hammer & back in service it went :)