New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ick

Started by HayleYoyo, June 09, 2019, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HayleYoyo

Ick
Hello Everyone,

I have a fish that has Ick. I’ve read online that I’m supposed to rais the water temp to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. That kinda high for my adf. Has anyone done this before? Is it safe, and what stress signs should I look for?

Also, the spots were there yesterday, gone this morning, and back tonight. There isn’t more of them, they are just back

Christianloug

I've used heat alot before for treating ich. It was used In tropical planted tanks, so I know it works well, I didn't find it stressed out the fish that much, especially not to death,never had an ich death. If you continue to have problems there are lots of ich treatments out there, but be careful since they often dye the tank and ornaments blue, and can often kill plants. Overall I find that raseing the heat  does work, and won't kill your aquatic life. Hope this helps!
Christian

HayleYoyo

Thanks Christian,

Have you tried this with adf in the tank?

I'm not going to medicate until I know the heat isn't working. I also have a uvc running. Hopefully that helps too

Christianloug

Sorry, I don't know my terms very well, what's adf?

charlie

Here is a link to a thread on another forum that addresses the heat theory and Ick
https://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/threads/heat-only-for-ich.228290/#js-post-2380713

HayleYoyo

Quote from: Christianloug on June 10, 2019, 03:59:42 PM
Sorry, I don't know my terms very well, what's adf?

ADF = African Dwarf Frog

HayleYoyo

Quote from: charlie on June 10, 2019, 04:01:15 PM
Here is a link to a thread on another forum that addresses the heat theory and Ick
https://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/threads/heat-only-for-ich.228290/#js-post-2380713

Thanks, this thread doesn't mention ADF though

lucodu

I use Ruby Reef brand to treat ich.  I love it as I used it in my tank with snails, clams, crayfish, plants and shrimp and ich was cured with no casualty!  Best product on the market... works for fresh or salt water.  I can only assume it would be also safe for ADF.