New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

is this not considered misuse of the classifieds?

Started by Greatwhite, May 03, 2012, 08:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatwhite

I see people posting repeatedly, and when  you click on an item, it says "item expired"... But this one takes the cake...

I wouldn't normally complain or draw anyone's attention to this, but I saw 4 posts in the classifieds.  3 of which were expired - and the 4th one is simply an incorrect use of classifieds.  If you have a question to sponsors, post in their forum threads.

People who legitimately post items in the classifies LIKE to have their item on the front page, and 4 unnecessary posts in the classifieds bump them down prematurely.

Is there a way to just have "expired items" remove from the list??

OVAS-Webmaster

Quote from: Greatwhite on May 03, 2012, 08:46:24 PM
Is there a way to just have "expired items" remove from the list??
In the version of the software we are using it is not possible to remove the expired/deleted items from the list.  This is only an issue if the deleted ad was posted before the last item on the list.

Expired/deleted items go into a recycle bin and for some reason the software  looks in there for items.  I have delete the ones in question from the recycle bin and they no longer appear.   The moderators use the recycle bin as a check to see that people are not deleting and reposting ads in violation of the rules.
Don't forget that OVAS has a separate webpage as well.  http://ovas.ca/ovas/

Visit us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

OVAS on Instagram

Please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules