New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Board awards

Started by beowulf, February 06, 2007, 03:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

Hey all!!!  Some of the other boards I have posted on in the past have had awards for fun with best poster, most underrated poster etc.  I was thinking it might be fun to have something like that here as the community grows and people get to know each other better.  Maybe people can use this thread to suggest categories and nominate people and then we can list 3-4 people per category and then we can vote on it in a few weeks.

Example would be

Best poster
Most underrated
Most verbose (guess who would win this)
Friendliest
Most controversial
Worst speller/most typos
etc

Seanc

haha that sounds like lots of fun!
yeah i wonder who would win most verbose?

artw

well let's have some fun and start.  feel free to add more categories.

Best poster
-PaleoFishGirl
Most underrated
-RoxyDog
Most verbose (guess who would win this)
-Babblefish1960
Friendliest
-Fishycanuck
Most controversial
-Shougani
Worst speller/most typos
-SeanC

Most time spent in chatroom but not actually chatting
-Bitterman

Great thread!

babblefish1960

seanc for crazzy poasts I can see, but babble for most verbose, I'm sorry, but I simply fail to see the correlation. harumph. I am as terse as a summer rain and as brief as a winters day. In fact, I am unable to envision this at all.  :D

beowulf

What about something along the lines of most different or similar to their online persona in real life?

Muad'Dib

LOL.. Art I like the award you gave Bitterman.... 
You could have called it "likes to lurk in the shadows"

Don't we need a special award for APW?....   
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

succinctfish

What about funniest?  There are so many contenders  fishpassion, fishycanuck, beowulf, BigMomma, iceman of course, I'm quite the wit as well  ;) , and we'll throw Babble into the category so he doesn't run for most bellicose  :D

beowulf

To have some order to this how about we take suggestions for categories until friday then I'll compile the information and post the categories.  Once this done, starting on Saturday we can take names for each category for a week then I'll compile that and post the top 4 for every category.  After that we can open say another week of voting and declare the winners after that.

groan

Worst speller/most typos - i nominate myslef!

succinctfish

Quote from: beowulf on February 06, 2007, 04:03:34 PM
To have some order to this how about we take suggestions for categories until friday then I'll compile the information and post the categories.  Once this done, starting on Saturday we can take names for each category for a week then I'll compile that and post the top 4 for every category.  After that we can open say another week of voting and declare the winners after that.

Watch out, or we'll have to put you down for most serious, or anal retentive, instead  ;D ;D ;D
Seriously, good idea, make it so :)

succinctfish

Quote from: groan on February 06, 2007, 04:04:08 PM
Worst speller/most typos - i nominate myslef!

In honour of that post, I add groan to funniest list  ;D

beowulf

Maybe we could call them "The OVEES"

fishycanuck

Most mostest, most like their avatar, best use of emoticons....

beowulf

Can anyboyd think of anything extra I have a few ideas but would like to see more from the community.  With lots of participation this can be fun.

Most Valuable Poster:
Most verbose poster:
Worst Speller:
Most peaceful poster:
Most peaceful outsider:
Best avatar:
Best import (best foreign poster not from Ottawa Valley):
Most Knowledgable Poster:
Best rookie poster registered in 2006:
Best veteran poster registered in 2005 of before:
Most underrated poster:
Most improved poster:
Most hilarious poster:
Best Overall Poster:

mtlmike

How about first time poster?  I guess that you being my bro, you fill up the family quota!

Iceman

Oh man, I fell asleep. Who won?

beowulf

Anybody want to add any categories to the above ones?  If not you can start PMing me nominees for each.