New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Gauging interest in regular get togethers

Started by charlie, September 17, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

OK guys  lets start planning for the second weekend in Jan 2012. this would give everyone a chance to recoup from the festive season & put aside that weekend Jan.14/15Th for their beloved & neglected plants due to the frenzy @ this time of year, how does that sound?
Don`t be shy with your responses & suggestions  ;), I can probably try & put together a short mini ABC of planted Aquaria.
Errol

charlie

Quote from: charlie on December 02, 2011, 04:58:50 PM
OK guys  lets start planning for the second weekend in Jan 2012. this would give everyone a chance to recoup from the festive season & put aside that weekend Jan.14/15Th for their beloved & neglected plants due to the frenzy @ this time of year, how does that sound?
Don`t be shy with your responses & suggestions  ;), I can probably try & put together a short mini ABC of planted Aquaria.
Errol
I do understand we are all focused on the pending holidays & festiveties ;)
but if we can firm up a plan now it would be easier to put together when all the festivities are over, that said if anyone is interested in hosting an informal gathering of humble planted aquarist on the Jan 14/15 weekend please let us know, i think this is better than going some place public, perhaps a little pot luck& beverages of choice.
So you is up to learn from each other what this humble but rewarding hobby of Planted tanks has to offer? let your voices be heard  with preference of place , day & time ;)
Last call  ;D

RebeccaB

Sounds like fun, I will try and make it.

Quote from: charlie on December 05, 2011, 05:51:42 PM
I do understand we are all focused on the pending holidays & festiveties ;)
but if we can firm up a plan now it would be easier to put together when all the festivities are over, that said if anyone is interested in hosting an informal gathering of humble planted aquarist on the Jan 14/15 weekend please let us know, i think this is better than going some place public, perhaps a little pot luck& beverages of choice.
So you is up to learn from each other what this humble but rewarding hobby of Planted tanks has to offer? let your voices be heard  with preference of place , day & time ;)
Last call  ;D
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

ajm1961

I would be interested in attending to learn from the group. And maybe writing something for the newsletter in the process.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on December 05, 2011, 05:58:39 PM
I would be interested in attending to learn from the group. And maybe writing something for the newsletter in the process.
That would be great Andre, you would be surprised how much we learn from each other.
So that`s 3 of us any more?
Anyone willing to host it? - Pot luck style 2 week old left overs  ;D

fischkopp

Will try to make it. Any place is good with me, someone else suggest it this time. Or we goes to the one from last time ... :D
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

2075turner

I'm in & can host it....not sure about the two week old left overs....I have a teenager afterall ;) we have nicknamed him the "bottomless pit" ;D

wolfiewill

I'm certainly interested. Count me in. Greg
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Quote from: 2075turner on December 06, 2011, 10:41:19 AM
I'm in & can host it....not sure about the two week old left overs....I have a teenager afterall ;) we have nicknamed him the "bottomless pit" ;D
That`s great Evelyn, i`m good with you hosting, so now we are up to 6 people,i would think there are a lot more people interested in planted tanks judging from all the plants i have sold & shared with others  ;), so how about Sunday Jan.15th @ say 1.00PM???
Regards

RebeccaB

I have my new Aqua Inspiration starfire tank up and running! I could try and take some pics and put together a little presentation on it.  Fish are being added towards the weekend.
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

2075turner

Sounds good to me.  I have a large tv that we can hook up to if you guys do a presentation on it. ;D

charlie

good stuff,love it,this can be the theme of the day, anyone else want to share their set ups?Robert???

pm

Hi everyone,

I wasn't able to make the other meetings, but suprise suprise I am free on Jan 15   :)
Now that I have fully gone to the green side (as Errol puts it) it would be great to learn from others and pitch ideas out.  I will be there.

2075turner

lol, I should maybe mentiion my address ;)

1 Brydon Court in Nepean.

It will be great to have you guys over.

touchofsky

I am interested, too.  The date sounds good for me, if the weather cooperates, since I am out of town.

charlie

I`m liking this, i can share some tips on how to save a few bucks on lighting  so you have more dollars to divest in other aspects of the planted tank hobby, we can all discuss different issues one might be experiencing or not quite sure of etc, keep adding your RSVP`s ;)

morrom

I am in for the mentioned date, sounds like a good time to me and a good information sharing session.

charlie

Sunday Jan. 15th @ 1.00  PM
1 Brydon Court in Nepean.
Bring a bite , bring a beverage =Pot luck

Monte

Thanks for the invite Errol.I will do my best to make it. 8)
40 Gallon Breeder

Peekay

I was a bit shy to reply to this.. i'm very very new... but I guess I should just jump in, right?  ;)
I'm putting it on the calendar!