New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Gauging interest in regular get togethers

Started by charlie, September 17, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bizfromqc

Looking forward to it.

I'll bring some spinach dip and rye bread.

charlie

Wow what a great time spent on a cold winter day, good food , warm people & great conversation & exchange .
Thanks to Evelyn & family for hosting & providing some great treats, the soup was exactly what the doc. ordered for such a cold day ;)
Thanks to all who came out , offered their experiences etc, all the treats & great company, looking forward to the next one in March, rumour has it we will be in the historic Westboro Village  ;)
Kind Regards
P.S Andre can you post up some of the shots you took today, as my camera was not coperating today, luckily when i got home i found out why  long story  ;D -

Peekay

That was great!  So nice to put names to faces, ask questions, and share some snacks and chit chat.

Evelyn, thank you for hosting.  Your discus set ups are incredible.  I've only ever seen the juvies in the store, and had no idea they got so big and beautiful.

I made out like a bandit when the swapping plants came out... another Christmas morning for the Santa tank.  Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your generosity.  I will be sure to pay it forward when they grow up! 

Looking forward to the next meet!

touchofsky

Today was great.  Good food, great people, wonderful plants and lots of information, 

Thank you so much, Evelyn & family for hosting us once again.  Your soup was great, and everyone else's food was delicious, too.

Thank you, Errol, for your presentation, and to everyone for your generous sharing of plants.  I will soon be pruning in my tank.  Unfortunately, I don't have anything exciting, but maybe I will have something some of the people who are setting up new tanks would want  :)

charlie

Monte

Thank-You Evelyn and family for hosting our meeting today.Your Discus setup in your basement was mind blowing.
Your dedication to your hobby and business is truly inspiring.

Thanks to Errol as well for a great presentation, I learned a lot.

It was great to meet all of you face to face. If you are new to the hobby like I am you should definitely come out to the next planted tank meeting.Everyone was friendly great to talk to and willing to share information.

Hope to see you all in March.   Steve. 8)
40 Gallon Breeder

bizfromqc

Thank you all for the great meet today  :) Great food, great conversation and presentation.

Special thanks to Evelyn and family for hosting the meet. That basement of yours is incredible. Your discus are beautiful, I had never seen any that big (and so many) before! Great bunch of German Blue Rams as well, we may have to talk soon as I'd love to get a pair of those in the not so distant future...

Thank you Error for the presentation, great tips and info. I now know who to ask now when I questions  ;)

BTW, The piece of moss (that I AGAIN forgot what kind...) is already in my tank, I'll post an updated tank picture in my build thread soon.

See you all at the next OVAS meeting.

Eric

sylros

What a great time that was! I'm so glad to have gone and met you all. Thanks Evelyn for hosting this first get together, it was worth it!...and thanks Errol for the presentation. I also want to thank Ken who so patiently answered all of my questions. I've only started a planted tank this past November, so now is about the time for surprises. Already there are a few changes that I'll be doing.

Also, let me dispel the rumor...the next get together will be at my place which is indeed in the historic Westboro village but my house is not a historical one...you will soon find out. I personally can't wait to do this again as this time, I'm sure that I'll have plants to give away...of course, these are beginner plants but are great to start a tank with.

Thanks again for a great time!
Sylvie

2075turner

Wow, great meeting everyone.  lots of great information!

Thank you Errol for the great presentation on the basics of keeping planted tanks.  I am more and more motivated to starting a "planted tank" up ;)...well to start one up that doesn't involve bowls, lol ;D

The family and I would also like to thank you all for coming over and bringing all the great treats!  We had a great time.  Looking forward to the next meeting...maybe by then I will have some photos of my own "planted tank" to share!

Cheers, Evelyn

jetstream

Thanks to Evelyn and family for hosting the meeting. Couldn't stay until the end. Had a great time met all the new wet green hands!  ;)

daworldisblack

Yeap Evelyn and Family were gracious hosts! Thanks again for hosting us! Errol's 'ABCs' of planted aquariums was a great primer for the newbies and it was great to put faces to names! I also got some new plants woopeee! Looking forward to finally setting my 25Gallon up with them! Looking forward to the next meet!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

While it`s fresh in our minds & to enable us all to plan our life calender, how about if we schedule March 18 ( Sunday) @ 1.00 PM for our next PA meeting  ;)?? this also gives us a chance to get our tanks in shape & document it to share with each other.
Regards
Bonus Points to who first figure out the bolded letters  :)

Peekay

Hello, my name is Brenda, and I'm a plantaholic.  :)

No, no.. I'm not an addict.  I just use what's freely available in the atmosphere... I don't inject. 

March 18 is fine for me. 

charlie

Quote from: bizfromqc on January 15, 2012, 08:56:02 PM
Thank you all for the great meet today  :) Great food, great conversation and presentation.

Special thanks to Evelyn and family for hosting the meet. That basement of yours is incredible. Your discus are beautiful, I had never seen any that big (and so many) before! Great bunch of German Blue Rams as well, we may have to talk soon as I'd love to get a pair of those in the not so distant future...

Thank you Error for the presentation, great tips and info. I now know who to ask now when I questions  ;)

BTW, The piece of moss (that I AGAIN forgot what kind...) is already in my tank, I'll post an updated tank picture in my build thread soon.See you all at the next OVAS meeting.

Eric
Peacock, hope it does well for you.

charlie

Quote from: Peekay on January 16, 2012, 10:55:26 AM
Hello, my name is Brenda, and I'm a plantaholic.  :)

No, no.. I'm not an addict.  I just use what's freely available in the atmosphere... I don't inject. 

March 18 is fine for me. 
We have a winner, 2 bonus points  ;D

charlie

Help solve this mystery  :)
I  thought took an apisto cave ( Clay Cave) in a air blown plastic bag with the plants for Eric, but i could not find it when i attempted to give it to him, so i assumed i left it @ home, came home & searched & still can`t find it  :), do any of you guy`s recall seeing me with it  :), it may very well be @ home & looking @ me  ;D
Errol

charlie

Quote from: charlie on January 16, 2012, 11:40:50 AM
Help solve this mystery  :)
I  thought took an apisto cave ( Clay Cave) in a air blown plastic bag with the plants for Eric, but i could not find it when i attempted to give it to him, so i assumed i left it @ home, came home & searched & still can`t find it  :), do any of you guy`s recall seeing me with it  :), it may very well be @ home & looking @ me  ;D
Errol
Never mind the escape artist has being found under the seat of my car  :P  :-[

charlie

Someone asked me yesterday what CO2 Regulator i was using, here is a link to it, Serg is a great guy & comes highly recommended, like i mentioned yesterday, i have replicated 2 of them by acquiring the parts & doing my own assembly & quite frankly you don`t end saving a whole lot.
It is the premier line with Bubble counter, picture of it is at the very bottom of the page.
http://sumoregulator.com/PremierLine.html

daworldisblack

Errol, could we also get a link to that diffuser from Fluval you showed? Also someone mentioned an Eheim version. Links for that? Thanks!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie