New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2006 AGA aquascaping contest . . .

Started by tuvok, July 31, 2006, 10:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

There are some very nice tanks there without a doubt, but I find some of the judges comments frustrating as things are said such as the one tank "would look so much better without the discus in it as they ruin the view of the plants".

Apart from that, there is a lot to see with a lot of inspiration, anyone entering?

Seanc

they also don't like un-natural discus, and i think that that counts against you wich is weird, because it is a plant conteset, and the un-natural coloring, might be good for the over all aquascape but they don't like it all the same.

jetstream

Always tempting to give it a try. But I'm sure the judges won't like my collector style planted tank. If I want to score higher, need to give up or move out 80% of the species that I have inside my main tank! Still have 1 month to go!  :)

Seanc

hey
if you wan't me to take some more photos for the contest i most certenly can
good luck
sean

BigDaddy

To use a quote from another site I moderate on

"I'm a farmer, not an artist"

I just grow the plants... I'm still waiting for BigMomma to make 'em look purdy

Underwater

Quote"I'm a farmer, not an artist"
That sounds like Rex Grigg.

BigDaddy

Underwater

Supressor

jetstream

Thank you for your offer Seanc! Sure will keep you in mind. With the help of Seanc and his Pro-sumer camera, sure will score at least 5 more points. But the judges will deduct 5 points because of the team work!  ;) I just gave my plants a big hair cut last week and all of them are no more than 8 inches tall now!  :o