New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

14 gallon planted photos

Started by Adam, November 21, 2006, 08:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Here are some pictures of my newest addition.  It's about 2 months old now.

This is after a week or two.

This is after 1 month and a bit.

This is today

The left front side.

The front and centre.

The left side.

The right side.

It's pretty bushy looking, but I'm going to let it grow for a couple more weeks before I go in with the lawnmower.  The red ludwigia was just put in, so it's kind of crooked at the moment. 

There are crypts, lilaeopsis, water sprite, brazilian swords, a cabomba looking plant, not sure what it's called...common name is dragon something..., java fern, red ludwigia, and some valisneria.

There is an albino BN pleco new from my 60 gallon today, 8 harlequin rasboras, 3 dwarf fire gouramis, 2 WC apistogramma agassizii, and a single otocinclus.  I had 3, but they died mysterious deaths.  New today is also 14 or so red cherry shrimp.  At least one or two have been eaten, but the rest seem to have figured out the game. 

This is on my desk to distract me.  There is an AC mini for filtration along with the plants.  The lighting is always up in the air, but as of 2 hours ago, it is a 15W power-glo fluorescent tube, and 2 23W ~6000K compact fluorescents.  The CO2 is DIY, but I bought a 4L jug to replace the 2L pepsi bottle.  Hopefully it will eliminate some of my algae issues.  As far as heating, there is an old school HOB heater, which you can see in the first picture. 

Thanks for looking,

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

dux