New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

?Carbon diode tablets?

Started by GrahamWebb, March 15, 2009, 06:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamWebb

Helooo again,
Thanks all to those responding to my Moss Question (Dan, Sylvia,Paul)...I think I'm going to loosen the thread and thin out the moss layers.
Another Question... I found some of these Carbon diode tablets amongst the stuff I've accumulated over last months used aquarium buying craze (emphasize on the craze...my wife thinks I've fallen of the deep end...anyway).  Can I just dilute these tabs in water and add to tank to aid my plant growth?  or do they go in some sort of CO2 distributing system?

Quatro

Are they something like this?

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=118&PROD_ID=01076950010101

I can't think of any drop in the tank CO2 tabs (that would be great though).  You will need some sort of reactor and bubble ladder.

GrahamWebb

Their similar to the ones in the link you sent me, but a different package, I opened em up and they do indeed say CO2 on the individual tablet.  I can't imagine having to add the diffuser and ladder to each tank in order to keep plants in them.  :-\

Thanks, I'm sure you're absolutley right though.

dan2x38

Are they these: http://www.aquariumguys.com/co2fizztabs.html

You need to be careful you put the wrong thing in and they are the yeast/sugar mixture you'll kill your fish. If they are these tabs I would still not use them. Any CO2 that is released into the water is released - gassed-out very quickly unless dissolved in the water... means you see no more bubbles or fizz. They might spike CO2 in a small tank and harm the fish or maybe they affect the fish's breathing if they pas through the fizz? What are they made of - what causes the fizz? I could not see how these things could help period.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."