New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Gauging interest in regular get togethers

Started by charlie, September 17, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hello planted tank hobbyist, is there any interest in a regular gathering for planted tank hobbyist , be it monthly or every 2 months preferably on a weekend , this venture is not intended to market / promote any vendor /product or personal gain either by monetary or other.
The idea here is to meet exchange ideas & issues , trade or sell plants & associated gear one on one with each other, all in the interest of helping & promoting the planted tank hobby, this venture is not intended to be separate to the club but in conjunction with OVAS.
Please indicate in this thread with preference of day, time & monthly or every 2 mths ,& any other suggestions.
Just trying to gauge interest  here to see if we have enough hobbyist.
Thanks

magnosis

I like the idea ! Although it would be tough for me to commit on a regular basis, being fairly occupied on evenings and weekends already.

As far as getting together as a group, every 2 months would be feasible.

As far as exchanging plants, I still favor a web-based registry, one-to-one exchange. Makes it easier to schedule & quicker to get rid of / acquire new plants.

I think both options could coexist nicely though.

Patrick S

Hi Charlie,

I am in during the winter months, but only if there is dim sum on the menu!

Patrick

morrom

I would be down for this, still have a lot to learn and it would seem like a great time to do it. I am away right now till mid Oct and the tank is taking a beating from the algae!!! >:( I am going to need the help.

Trevor

pm

Charlie,

Still learning as I go, but my tank is starting to become a respectable jungle (thanks to the plants of others on this forum... including yourself).  I would be quite interested in meeting once every couple of months.

Anja

I'm interested, but have a time problem for the foreseeable future, which is to say, if something's going on, I'd try to be there, but would have to decide on a case by case basis.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

charlie

This is looking favorable, with a group of 10 or so to start with.
My suggestion is that we pick a weekend,time & day in October that is good for all intending to come out, from there we can set up another date & place for Nov/Dec.
Perhaps we can move around the city each time & arrange car pooling for those needing a ride.
If someone is up to hosting one @ a party room or other , that can work too.
Your input is welcome.
Regards

fischkopp

It has been a long time that we dedicated a couple of hours for an aquatic florist get-together. Certainly, I don't want to miss the next one. Just make sure the venue for this event will serve us well. :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

sas

I'd love to take part in something like this, depending on timings etc..

jetstream

I'll try my best to be there. So far, my attendance of all the plant gathering is close to 99.9999%!  ;)

Cheers,

RebeccaB

I am sure I could make it out too. Every couple of months is probably a good idea. Thanks for initiating this! Saturday or Sunday could work for me.
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

charlie

QuoteHello planted tank hobbyist, is there any interest in a regular gathering for planted tank hobbyist , be it monthly or every 2 months preferably on a weekend , this venture is not intended to market / promote any vendor /product or personal gain either by monetary or other.
The idea here is to meet exchange ideas & issues , trade or sell plants & associated gear one on one with each other, all in the interest of helping & promoting the planted tank hobby, this venture is not intended to be separate to the club but in conjunction with OVAS.
Please indicate in this thread with preference of day, time & monthly or every 2 mths ,& any other suggestions.
Just trying to gauge interest  here to see if we have enough hobbyist.
Thanks

OK guys, how does the weekend of Oct. 15-16 or 22-23 ?
Please post your preference of weekend & day ( Sat. or Sunday)
Mid morning  or afternoon/evening
Also any suggestions of where?

This is also ideal for anyone wanting to start Planted aquariums or  just started.
Regards

RebeccaB

Quote from: charlie on September 27, 2011, 09:16:21 AM

OK guys, how does the weekend of Oct. 15-16 or 22-23 ?
Please post your preference of weekend & day ( Sat. or Sunday)
Mid morning  or afternoon/evening
Also any suggestions of where?

This is also ideal for anyone wanting to start Planted aquariums or  just started.
Regards

Hi Errol. I think the weekend of the 15-16 is a better choice since the Museum of Nature trip is scheduled for October 22nd.

A Saturday is best for me - perhaps for brunch!

charlie

Quote from: RebeccaB on September 27, 2011, 09:48:15 AM
Hi Errol. I think the weekend of the 15-16 is a better choice since the Museum of Nature trip is scheduled for October 22nd.

A Saturday is best for me - perhaps for brunch!
Works for me too, forgot about the field trip, so what do you guys think of Oct.15 brunch LMK
PLace? suggestions, plant swap ?, tpoic for discussion? ideas welcomed

magnosis

I will be busy during weekends for as long as it's not raining (insane amount of work to be done outside + the odd activities with the family).

So, if it rains, I'm in for either weekends, Saturdays or Sundays both fine, starting at 11:00 AM
If it's not raining, then I'd be available only late afternoons or evenings.

Plant-brains get-together > Nature Museum as far as I'm concerned.

fischkopp

The 15th should be good. Brunch is fine. Or maybe late afternoon so I don't have to feel bad sipping some pops. :)
As for a place, Royal Oak worked well last time, for brunch Sunnyhays is bad. There is a little fish restaurant on Merrivale (beside Loblaws) that might be interesting for n afternoon session. They serve a pretty good fish 'n chips.

As for topic: plants! I think we can get started with a little who is who and what everyone has a planted tank. I am pretty sure the discussion will go some way from there.

Quote from: charlie on September 27, 2011, 10:50:26 AM
Works for me too, forgot about the field trip, so what do you guys think of Oct.15 brunch LMK
PLace? suggestions, plant swap ?, tpoic for discussion? ideas welcomed
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Quote from: fischkopp on September 27, 2011, 12:56:19 PM
The 15th should be good. Brunch is fine. Or maybe late afternoon so I don't have to feel bad sipping some pops. :)
As for a place, Royal Oak worked well last time, for brunch Sunnyhays is bad. There is a little fish restaurant on Merrivale (beside Loblaws) that might be interesting for n afternoon session. They serve a pretty good fish 'n chips.

As for topic: plants! I think we can get started with a little who is who and what everyone has a planted tank. I am pretty sure the discussion will go some way from there.

If you are thinking Joey`s fish & Chip - that is no longer there.

fischkopp

my fish suck

charlie

2075turner

As i am trying my hand at a planted tank, please count me in.  I am down for Oct 15th as well, seeing as I am having my discus meeting on the 22nd. ;)

The fish place that Robert indicated has good food as well 8)

Cheers

charlie

QuoteHello planted tank hobbyist, is there any interest in a regular gathering for planted tank hobbyist , be it monthly or every 2 months preferably on a weekend , this venture is not intended to market / promote any vendor /product or personal gain either by monetary or other.
Just trying to gauge interest  here to see if we have enough hobbyist.
Thanks
Ok guys, so how about Saturday Oct. 15 TH @ 1.00PM
Location -http://www.merivalefish.com/
Anyone who can offer a ride or need a ride should indicate here.
Bring questions, ideas, experiences & of course any plant related stuff to trade, sell etc.
Perhaps post what you are bringing or looking for.
Everyone welcome
Regards

Fishnut

I would like to suggest an alternative meeting location: Lonestar on Baseline Rd.  I would be happy to find out if they have an available party room that we can use.

charlie

Guys we need input-
what is the preferred day/date?- 15th or 16 Th (Sat./Sun.)
Time - 11.00-1.00-4.00 PM ?
Place - Royal Oak on Hunt Club, Merivael seafood , Lone star /Baseline, Buffet DE continents( Gat),The Score ( Kantata), i`m inclined with the last 2, simply because they afford the Opp. for a fish store visit before or after( La Niche /Big Al's ( West)
I can offer rides to anyone on the way or can get to South Keys/Greenboro Transit.
Please offer your input.

sas

Arg I'm out, don't have a ride and a 60th birthday has come up.
Sorry Errol I would have really liked to get to this. Maybe next time.

magnosis

Oct 15th works for me. I'll let you guys pick a place ;)

Anja

I could make the 16th, but not the 15th (bummer), which seems to be everyone else's preferred date, though, so I hope to see you all next time.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

fischkopp

my fish suck

HappyGuppy

Would this only be for freshwater planted tanks?  I have been enjoying planted tanks for years but this year I changed my focus to marine planted tanks.  I am enamored with the alien looking plants of the sea, and the tanks, in my eyes, are just stunning.  I know that I would be a tiny minority in the meetings, but hey, it is still a "planted tank", and who knows, I might even serve to inspire some folks to try this slice of the hobby.

So... may I be included?

charlie

Quote from: HappyGuppy on October 06, 2011, 10:00:46 AM
Would this only be for freshwater planted tanks?  I have been enjoying planted tanks for years but this year I changed my focus to marine planted tanks.  I am enamored with the alien looking plants of the sea, and the tanks, in my eyes, are just stunning.  I know that I would be a tiny minority in the meetings, but hey, it is still a "planted tank", and who knows, I might even serve to inspire some folks to try this slice of the hobby.

So... may I be included?
QuoteOk guys, so how about Saturday Oct. 15 TH @ 1.00PM
Location -http://www.merivalefish.com/
Anyone who can offer a ride or need a ride should indicate here.
Bring questions, ideas, experiences & of course any plant related stuff to trade, sell etc.
Perhaps post what you are bringing or looking for.
Everyone welcome
Regards

magnosis

Quote from: HappyGuppy on October 06, 2011, 10:00:46 AM

So... may I be included?

I know close to nothing of this world, and would love to be enlightened :)

2075turner

So where's going to be now?  I was under the impression the it was on Marivale (seafood place) @ 1pm on Saturday 15th...has this changed? :-\

charlie

Quote from: 2075turner on October 06, 2011, 03:19:33 PM
So where's going to be now?  I was under the impression the it was on Marivale (seafood place) @ 1pm on Saturday 15th...has this changed? :-\
Since the only people that suggested a place & signaled their preference the majority rules .
Date - October 15TH Saturday
Place -The Seafood Grill ( fish & chips)
           http://www.merivalefish.com/
Time - 1.00PM
Good company, healthy discussion on various planted topics, sharing experiences & trying to help each other enjoy our passion, also opened to trading selling or giving away plant clippings & related items
come one come all
Hope to you you all

magnosis

2075turner

Quote from: charlie on October 06, 2011, 06:57:21 PM
Since the only people that suggested a place & signaled their preference the majority rules .
Time - 1.00PM
Good company, healthy discussion on various planted topics, sharing experiences & trying to help each other enjoy our passion, also opened to trading selling or giving away plant clippings & related items
come one come all
Hope to you you all

Okay, great.

I shall be there ;)

HappyGuppy

Thank you Charlie for your creative answer.  I would like to come to some future event however that Saturday I already am scheduled elsewhere. :(

charlie

Quote from: HappyGuppy on October 07, 2011, 05:42:13 AM
Thank you Charlie for your creative answer.  I would like to come to some future event however that Saturday I already am scheduled elsewhere. :(
You are welcome- we are all not created alike.

see you guys on the 15 th everyone welcome,
QuoteDate - October 15TH Saturday
Time - 1.00PM
come one come allHope to you you all

charlie

Quote from: charlie on October 06, 2011, 06:57:21 PM
Time - 1.00PM
come one come all
Hope to you you all
Hey guys, it looks like i will have a few sampling of plants to offer for sale, all proceeds go to the club, not much but will have a little of Rotala Vietnam,Pogostemon helferi / Downoi ,
Tonina sp. 'Belem',Hygrophila pinnatifida  & Java fern.
Anyone else want to add what they can offer.
Regards

Fishnut

I need to thin my moss clump...but it has some algae in it.  I'll throw it in with my amano shimp to see how it cleans up.  It's mostly Flame Moss and Java Moss mixed together.

My non-aquarium loving hubby will be there too...well, he's passively interested.  I bribed him to come along with the promise of letting him eat fish  ;D

charlie

QuoteDate - October 15TH Saturday
Time - 1.00PM
come one come allHope to you you all
See you guy`s tomorrow, Fishnut has an excellent subject to break the ice with  ;)

Nyx

Bad timing for us this time but hubby and I would be very interested in the next meeting, Errol. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

charlie

Quote from: Nyx on October 14, 2011, 08:15:22 PM
Bad timing for us this time but hubby and I would be very interested in the next meeting, Errol. :)
Looking forward to seeing you guys next time.
These goodies -Rotala Vietnam,Pogostemon helferi / Downoi ,
Tonina sp. 'Belem',Hygrophila pinnatifida  & Java fern are bagged & ready to go, walk with some coin  ;D see you all soon.
Regards

magnosis

So sorry I couldn't be there :(  As I explained to Charlie, I pulled muscles & ligaments and had to stay in bed for a while.

How was it ? Did you guys have fun ? Who was there ? What did you talked about ? Did you assign a secretary ? Are you going to post the meeting minutes ? Did anyone buy Charlies' Pogostemon (I was going to bid on it) ?  I want to know *everything* ! ahaha kidding, sometimes you just have to be there ;)

I hope it was a good experience and the next meeting won't be too far away !

charlie

Quote from: magnosis on October 17, 2011, 10:10:55 AM
So sorry I couldn't be there :(  As I explained to Charlie, I pulled muscles & ligaments and had to stay in bed for a while.

How was it ? Did you guys have fun ? Who was there ? What did you talked about ? Did you assign a secretary ? Are you going to post the meeting minutes ? Did anyone buy Charlies' Pogostemon (I was going to bid on it) ?  I want to know *everything* ! ahaha kidding, sometimes you just have to be there ;)

I hope it was a good experience and the next meeting won't be too far away !
Hey Antoine, hope you are feeling better & up & ready for the next one- how about the last Sat./Sun. in Nov. then have another in the new year?
There were 7 of us , 3 shy of the projected 10, we had lunch some had some sort of brew & chatted hobby in general.
Regards

morrom

Hi Every one,

I am back in town and ready for some meetings, count me in for the next one!
After two months away my tanks they took one hell of a beating evil algae... >:(, My sister did the best she could but things are in rough shape, time to see if I can save it lol.

Trevor

wolfiewill

Hey, I in for this meeting! When's the next one, and where?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Quote from: wolfiewill on November 01, 2011, 07:10:36 PM
Hey, I in for this meeting! When's the next one, and where?
I was just checking my callender & the only weekend open for me is the Nov 12/113, the following weekend some of us are in Ohio & the one after some of us will be in Montreal @ the auction, so if the folks want to gettogether on Nov.13Th (Sunday) i`m game.
Guys you can post here if you are game as well as a suggestion of where?

RebeccaB

I would like to meet up, but I am carless that weekend...no wheels!  Interested in meeting someplace central - like Centretown or the Market!?

Quote from: charlie on November 01, 2011, 07:22:57 PM
I was just checking my callender & the only weekend open for me is the Nov 12/113, the following weekend some of us are in Ohio & the one after some of us will be in Montreal @ the auction, so if the folks want to gettogether on Nov.13Th (Sunday) i`m game.
Guys you can post here if you are game as well as a suggestion of where?

Stussi613

Quote from: RebeccaB on November 01, 2011, 08:44:06 PM
I would like to meet up, but I am carless that weekend...no wheels!  Interested in meeting someplace central - like Centretown or the Market!?

I'm interested for that weekend and I suppose I can pick Rebecca up if we're meeting somewhere close-ish to downtown.
I haz reef tanks.

wolfiewill

The 13th is ok for me. Location is flexible and I can drive if someone needs a ride.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

So what does the other plant nuts say? Sunday the 13 TH , i should have an abundance of plants to share by then if i figure out what i`m going to use in my new build by then ;)
Jetstream, Fischkop, Anton etc??

Fishnut

I'm game for another plant meeting!  The amano shrimp have cleaned up my flame moss so I'll bring some of that if anyone is interested in a trade. 

What's the place in The Rideau Centre that replaced Elephant and Castle?  That looks nice...plus the parking garage is never full.

pm

Argh! cant make this one either  >:(  (missed the first meet). On a positive note, I will be in TO then and will be able to check out the stores in the Pacific Mall area  :)

fischkopp

my fish suck

magnosis

I will try but weekends are crazy busy for me; still, I missed the last one so I really want to be there this time.

My attendance will be confirmed later on this week if that's ok

morrom

I am in for the 13th just need a time and place.

Trevor

daworldisblack

Thanks for the invite Errol! Will try and make it this Weekend but its usually a rush to get all the things I couldn't get done over the week, done haha !
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

As it turns out , i bit off more than i can chew, this weekend is not a good one for me after all, with my absence the following 2 weekends there is too much for me to do this weekend so my apologies, we will try & do one in the new year.
Thanks

touchofsky

I was going to ask about the November meeting, but just read the previous post, and realize that it will be put off until the new year  :)

sylros

Hi, I would be interested in participating since I've got lots to learn about a planted tank. As I've only started my planted tank this past November, this little get together would help me a lot and I would eventually (maybe sooner rather than later) have plants to swap!

Depending on where everyone lives, Westboro has some great places to hang around and we're stuck, I offer my place if we're not in renovation mode. lol

Thanks for taking the lead on this.

charlie

OK guys  lets start planning for the second weekend in Jan 2012. this would give everyone a chance to recoup from the festive season & put aside that weekend Jan.14/15Th for their beloved & neglected plants due to the frenzy @ this time of year, how does that sound?
Don`t be shy with your responses & suggestions  ;), I can probably try & put together a short mini ABC of planted Aquaria.
Errol

charlie

Quote from: charlie on December 02, 2011, 04:58:50 PM
OK guys  lets start planning for the second weekend in Jan 2012. this would give everyone a chance to recoup from the festive season & put aside that weekend Jan.14/15Th for their beloved & neglected plants due to the frenzy @ this time of year, how does that sound?
Don`t be shy with your responses & suggestions  ;), I can probably try & put together a short mini ABC of planted Aquaria.
Errol
I do understand we are all focused on the pending holidays & festiveties ;)
but if we can firm up a plan now it would be easier to put together when all the festivities are over, that said if anyone is interested in hosting an informal gathering of humble planted aquarist on the Jan 14/15 weekend please let us know, i think this is better than going some place public, perhaps a little pot luck& beverages of choice.
So you is up to learn from each other what this humble but rewarding hobby of Planted tanks has to offer? let your voices be heard  with preference of place , day & time ;)
Last call  ;D

RebeccaB

Sounds like fun, I will try and make it.

Quote from: charlie on December 05, 2011, 05:51:42 PM
I do understand we are all focused on the pending holidays & festiveties ;)
but if we can firm up a plan now it would be easier to put together when all the festivities are over, that said if anyone is interested in hosting an informal gathering of humble planted aquarist on the Jan 14/15 weekend please let us know, i think this is better than going some place public, perhaps a little pot luck& beverages of choice.
So you is up to learn from each other what this humble but rewarding hobby of Planted tanks has to offer? let your voices be heard  with preference of place , day & time ;)
Last call  ;D

ajm1961

I would be interested in attending to learn from the group. And maybe writing something for the newsletter in the process.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on December 05, 2011, 05:58:39 PM
I would be interested in attending to learn from the group. And maybe writing something for the newsletter in the process.
That would be great Andre, you would be surprised how much we learn from each other.
So that`s 3 of us any more?
Anyone willing to host it? - Pot luck style 2 week old left overs  ;D

fischkopp

Will try to make it. Any place is good with me, someone else suggest it this time. Or we goes to the one from last time ... :D
my fish suck

2075turner

I'm in & can host it....not sure about the two week old left overs....I have a teenager afterall ;) we have nicknamed him the "bottomless pit" ;D

wolfiewill

I'm certainly interested. Count me in. Greg

charlie

Quote from: 2075turner on December 06, 2011, 10:41:19 AM
I'm in & can host it....not sure about the two week old left overs....I have a teenager afterall ;) we have nicknamed him the "bottomless pit" ;D
That`s great Evelyn, i`m good with you hosting, so now we are up to 6 people,i would think there are a lot more people interested in planted tanks judging from all the plants i have sold & shared with others  ;), so how about Sunday Jan.15th @ say 1.00PM???
Regards

RebeccaB

I have my new Aqua Inspiration starfire tank up and running! I could try and take some pics and put together a little presentation on it.  Fish are being added towards the weekend.

2075turner

Sounds good to me.  I have a large tv that we can hook up to if you guys do a presentation on it. ;D

charlie

good stuff,love it,this can be the theme of the day, anyone else want to share their set ups?Robert???

pm

Hi everyone,

I wasn't able to make the other meetings, but suprise suprise I am free on Jan 15   :)
Now that I have fully gone to the green side (as Errol puts it) it would be great to learn from others and pitch ideas out.  I will be there.

2075turner

lol, I should maybe mentiion my address ;)

1 Brydon Court in Nepean.

It will be great to have you guys over.

touchofsky

I am interested, too.  The date sounds good for me, if the weather cooperates, since I am out of town.

charlie

I`m liking this, i can share some tips on how to save a few bucks on lighting  so you have more dollars to divest in other aspects of the planted tank hobby, we can all discuss different issues one might be experiencing or not quite sure of etc, keep adding your RSVP`s ;)

morrom

I am in for the mentioned date, sounds like a good time to me and a good information sharing session.

charlie

Sunday Jan. 15th @ 1.00  PM
1 Brydon Court in Nepean.
Bring a bite , bring a beverage =Pot luck

Monte

Thanks for the invite Errol.I will do my best to make it. 8)
40 Gallon Breeder

Peekay

I was a bit shy to reply to this.. i'm very very new... but I guess I should just jump in, right?  ;)
I'm putting it on the calendar! 

touchofsky

I'm pretty new here, too, but went to the discus meeting at Evelyn's and everyone is very friendly, and Evelyn's discus are a sight to behold! 

charlie

Quote from: Peekay on December 10, 2011, 08:12:39 AM
I was a bit shy to reply to this.. i'm very very new... but I guess I should just jump in, right?  ;)

No need to be shy, it`s a great reason to get together, after all it`s what the hobby is all about, we all had a starting point & trust me asking & meeting fellow hobbyist with a common interest is the best way to learn.Hope to see you there.
Regards

2075turner

Quote from: Peekay on December 10, 2011, 08:12:39 AM

Contrary to popular belief....we don't bite.  ;D

come, share, have fun ;)

Fishnut

I'm in.  

This will be a great warm-up for our monthly OVAS meeting too.  January is plant month!!

charlie

Quote from: Fishnut on December 11, 2011, 05:04:21 PM
I'm in too.  This will be a great warm-up for our monthly OVAS meeting too.  January is plant month!!
Nice double the wammy, i`ll be flying high in Jan. ;D

Peekay

Quote from: 2075turner on December 11, 2011, 03:59:20 PM
Contrary to popular belief....we don't bite.  ;D

come, share, have fun ;)

I met Errol today, and left without teeth marks, so I guess it's safe.  :)

Thanks for hosting Evelyn.. close to home too!  I'll be there. 

sylros

Count me in too! Is there anyone that has food allergies?  and it would help if we could get a final tally at the end just to make sure there's enough food!

One of my interests is how to make green carpets in a tank that doesn't float away!  :(

Looking forward to it...and at some future point, please consider my place as a choice for hosting as well. We're both into aquariums, his is a salted tank and we're in Westboro...actually not too far from the OVAS meeting location. LoL

Hope everyone has great Holidays!
Sylvie

Fishnut

The regular meeting location isn't too far away from Westboro. It's maybe a 10 minute drive!

As far as alergies are concerned, I'm pretty sure I have the most to worry about. In order to keep things simple, I suggest that if you're bringing something store bought, bring the package. If you're making something, write down the ingredients and be concious of what other things have been prepared at the same time. For example, if you make a PB&J sandwich while baking cookies, it may be risky to some :)

It should be a nice meeting :)

charlie

This is looking very promising, anyone wishing to do a show & tell of their tank /tanks please free to bring you files & do share with us.

2075turner

It is indeed.  I have some other people that are interested in coming over as well.  They are new to the aquaria world and interested in planted tanks.

pm

It looks like the meet will be a good opportunity to swap some plants with others.  Based on the previous meets is this encouraged? 

Assuming its all good, I can at the very least bring some Ludwigia repens 'rubin' (cuttings), HM (cuttings), Hygrophila pinnatifida, Blyxa japonica, Vallisneria Americana, and more if there is an interest.

Peekay

Quote from: pm on January 03, 2012, 10:43:49 AM
It looks like the meet will be a good opportunity to swap some plants with others.  Based on the previous meets is this encouraged? 

Assuming its all good, I can at the very least bring some Ludwigia repens 'rubin' (cuttings), HM (cuttings), Hygrophila pinnatifida, Blyxa japonica, Vallisneria Americana, and more if there is an interest.

I'd be interested.. nothing to swap, but would bring cash if anyone will be bringing things I'm looking for.  Your ludwigia and vals are on my list!  Maybe ppl can post what they may have to sell/share/swap, and possibly prices?

charlie

[/quote]
Quote from: pm on January 03, 2012, 10:43:49 AM

Quote from: Peekay on January 03, 2012, 11:14:14 AM
I'd be interested.. nothing to swap, but would bring cash if anyone will be bringing things I'm looking for.  Your ludwigia and vals are on my list!  Maybe ppl can post what they may have to sell/share/swap, and possibly prices?

I like , i like  ;) great i will try & time my hair cut around the 15 th, at the very least i should have some  Riccia, & Moss( Peacock & Java??) perhaps some Glosso & few other stems.
I might very well be looking for some HM / Pearl weed.
Regards

bizfromqc

I just started cycling my first planted tank (and first tank in a long time, when i was a kid). I am a total and complete beginner but I'd still like to maybe attend some of the meets and get some valuable info from you guys.

I have to say I like the idea of a mini ABC of the planted aquaria as suggested earlier.

Are these meetings usually during the day or evening?

pm

Quote from: bizfromqc on January 04, 2012, 08:27:13 AM
Are these meetings usually during the day or evening?

I believe this is the third meet of this nature, and it has typically been early afternoon on a Sat or Sun.

Quote from: charlie on January 03, 2012, 04:47:17 PM
I like , i like  great i will try & time my hair cut around the 15 th, at the very least i should have some  Riccia, & Moss( Peacock & Java??) perhaps some Glosso & few other stems.
I might very well be looking for some HM / Pearl weed.
Regards

Good point raised!  If your tank is due for a pruning, hold off to next weekend if possible.  Better to offer plants up to another green sider than the green bin.   ;) 

charlie

So guys & girls are we all ready for next Sunday?
come  along bring your interest , zest to share & learn & make it a fun time
bring your pic /video files & share your tank with us
Bring your questions etc & of course some plants/clipping if you have.
See you all next Sunday.
Cheers
P.S maybe post what you are looking for
What you are bringing
What snacks you like
What snacks you can bring etc  :)

pm

I have recently changed my tank layout and have found uses for some of my 'excess' plants, but can still bring healthy cuttings of Ludwigia repens 'rubin' and HM/Pearl weed, and some Vals no problem.

PM me if interested in Anubius nana petite, Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown', or Hygrophila pinnatifida, as I can probably bring these as well if there is demand.

Errol, if you have some, I would be interested in either Didiplis diandra or Ludwiga Arcuata (not sure I need both), and Downoi (Pogostemon helferi).

As for snacks... I am pretty easy going.  I will try to coerce the wife into baking some of her super awesome skor bit cookies.  :)

charlie

Quote from: pm on January 09, 2012, 09:24:21 AM

Errol, if you have some, I would be interested in either Didiplis diandra or Ludwiga Arcuata (not sure I need both), and Downoi (Pogostemon helferi).

As for snacks... I am pretty easy going.  I will try to coerce the wife into baking some of her super awesome skor bit cookies.  :)

Hi Peter Diandar - no longer keep it
Arcuata - will try to get some small clippings for you
Downoi - might be ably to squeeze a plant or 2.
I will be bringing some Peacock moss, Riccia,Ludwigia Brevipes ( last of it as i will no longer keep it) & what ever else stretch it`s legs by this weekend.
Anyone else apart from RebeccaB want to do a bit of show & tell of their set up?

touchofsky

If Peter brings cookies, I will think of something savory, instead of sweet  :)

pm

Quote from: charlie on January 09, 2012, 12:47:01 PM
Arcuata - will try to get some small clippings for you
Downoi - might be ably to squeeze a plant or 2.

Errol, don't worry about the Arcuata... I realize now that I have absolutely no room for it   ::) 
For Downoi on the other hand, I would make room  ;D

Peekay

I'm looking for 'easy' plants... a bit of moss, java fern, anubias nana/petite, hygro kompakt, vals, ludwigia repens, bacopa australis, staurogyne repens. 

Tropica calls downoi a low needs plant, what I've read indicates otherwise.. what do you guys think?

Maybe PM if you have anything for me:  I have nothing to swap (yet!) and I'll need an idea of how many pennies to bring.  ;)

I'll bring a snack, but not sure yet what that may be..  veggies and dip?

2075turner

Hey Al,

Well it's this coming Sunday, wow time flies.  Once again it will be at my place

1 Brydon Court in Nepean.  Phone number is 613-226-5405 incase you get lost.  Starts at 1pm.

Hope you can all make it.  I am new to the planted world so not lots to offer other than interest in what others have to say, lol. 

Not sure what I will be making to snack on yet, but I'm sure I'll come up with something ;)

Cheers, Evelyn

bizfromqc

I'd like to add my name to the list of people attending.

Again, totally new to this hobby and planted tanks but I'll be there to soak in the knowledge. I to would be interested in acquiring new plants but have nothing to trade. All I have now are a couple of crypts, a sword and some windelov fern...

Charlie mentioned I need some fast growing stem plants so I'm looking for that  :)

I'd be interested in learning more about the practical aspect of keeping aquarium plants i.e how to plant them, where, how to maintain, clip, move, etc... lighting tips as mentioned earlier also appeals to me.

I too would like to know what sort of cash to bring in to buy plants/clippings from you guys.

Looking forward to meet everyone.

charlie

This is what i`m bringing - Riccia, Peacock moss,Ludwigia brevipes, Blyxa Japonica,ludwigia Arcuata,Alternanthera reineckii,Eriocaulon Setaceum,
Proserpinaca palustris ''Cuba'' ,Tonina sp. fluviatilis.
Should we have anyone interested in plants donate a nominal fee for the plants & forward the proceeds to the host to help offset expenses incurred? lets hear your thoughts.
See you on Sunday, don`t be shy come out & have fun - member /non member
QuoteHey Al,

Well it's this coming Sunday, wow time flies.  Once again it will be at my place

1 Brydon Court in Nepean.  Phone number is 613-226-5405 incase you get lost. Starts at 1pm.
Hope you can all make it.  I am new to the planted world so not lots to offer other than interest in what others have to say, lol. 

Not sure what I will be making to snack on yet, but I'm sure I'll come up with something

pm

I sure hope Evelyn is not experiencing any significant costs to host. 

Errol, I think that your idea is a good one, but might I recommend it be a portion of any sales (a percentage kind of thing).  I am not just thinking about this meeting, but going forward, similar to what is done for OVAS auctions.  This would help the host off-set some costs, but also compensate the plant grower, which in turn would hopefully entice them to bring more or rarer plants.

Just my two cents.  ;D

charlie

Quote from: pm on January 12, 2012, 09:00:54 AM
I sure hope Evelyn is not experiencing any significant costs to host. 

Errol, I think that your idea is a good one, but might I recommend it be a portion of any sales (a percentage kind of thing).  I am not just thinking about this meeting, but going forward, similar to what is done for OVAS auctions.  This would help the host off-set some costs, but also compensate the plant grower, which in turn would hopefully entice them to bring more or rarer plants.

Just my two cents.  ;D

Sounds reasonable to me.
Thanks

2075turner

Hey guys/gals,

Not expecting anything in return other than some good conversations and sharing of knowledge.  Thank you for the offer Errol, I think with the fact it is a pot luck this is great itself.  Bring something if you can, if not no biggie.  Now if it was a meeting of 100 people, lol, my thoughts may be different :o ;D

It's all good.  See you all on Sunday.

charlie

Quote from: 2075turner on January 12, 2012, 11:37:11 AM
Hey guys/gals,

Not expecting anything in return other than some good conversations and sharing of knowledge.  Thank you for the offer Errol, I think with the fact it is a pot luck this is great itself.  Bring something if you can, if not no biggie.  Now if it was a meeting of 100 people, lol, my thoughts may be different :o ;D

It's all good.  See you all on Sunday.
All good , now i like the 100 people  ;D
I`l try & bring some examples of DIY lighting, CO2 diffusers etc.
see all 100 of you on Sunday - all roads lead to Evelyn ;D

Monte

Hi everyone. I will also do my best to be there. I am in the process of setting up a 40 gallon breeder I just bought on boxing day. Going with canister filter, co2 and all the bells and whistles this time.Already spent a small fortune on Filter,co2 regulator,in-line heater, diffuser,maxijet 600,eco-complete substrate, Driftwood,rocks and the list goes on.I am almost finished building my stand.I would love to get some advice on using pressurized co2.I will bring some food as well. Hope to see you all there.  Steve.
40 Gallon Breeder

Shawn84

A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

jshchrtn

I wish I could hit this up just to learn and meet members, damn 12 hour night shifts lol definetly will be taking the day off for the next one lol

2075turner

So I will be providing sandwiches and a fruit platter.  Possibly a home made soup as well if time permits.

Monte

I will be bringing a cheese  platter with crackers.
40 Gallon Breeder

daworldisblack

I'm in too! Have been looking forward to it for a while now and I guess this makes it official! I am not too sure what I'll be bringing but it'll be a surprise I guess?  ;D As for plants that I will have available, I will have Ludwiga Repens, Rotala Rotundifolia , perhaps some Java Moss if I can scrounge up a handful, as well as red tiger lotus if there is interest. Just PM me if so.

P.S: Anyone driving by Meadowlands/Fisher and can offer a ride? Let me know thanks :)

charlie

Quote from: Shawn84 on January 12, 2012, 11:06:06 PM
Count me in as i`m off Sunday :)
Well since the membership chair will be among us, perhaps he can being some membership forms & cards for those desirous of getting their OVAS membership.
This does not mean you need to be or buy a membership to attend  ;)
Regards

bizfromqc

Do we have a list of what people are bringing and how many we'll be? I just have no idea what to bring LOL

charlie

Quote from: bizfromqc on January 14, 2012, 02:10:38 PM
Do we have a list of what people are bringing and how many we'll be? I just have no idea what to bring LOL
I would guess around 20 if everyone shows up.
I`m bringing some paper plates, mini sausage rolls & green plants  :D
Regards

touchofsky

I made some parmesan and cheddar flatbread crisps today.  My daughter and grand daughter tried them out, and gave them good marks, so I will bring a batch tomorrow.

2075turner

Soup is on.  I also made a pasta salad and potato salad last night so there will be lots of food.  Items I would suggest...your beverages (I don't have diet stuff) and some chips/dip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

touchofsky

bizfromqc

Looking forward to it.

I'll bring some spinach dip and rye bread.

charlie

Wow what a great time spent on a cold winter day, good food , warm people & great conversation & exchange .
Thanks to Evelyn & family for hosting & providing some great treats, the soup was exactly what the doc. ordered for such a cold day ;)
Thanks to all who came out , offered their experiences etc, all the treats & great company, looking forward to the next one in March, rumour has it we will be in the historic Westboro Village  ;)
Kind Regards
P.S Andre can you post up some of the shots you took today, as my camera was not coperating today, luckily when i got home i found out why  long story  ;D -

Peekay

That was great!  So nice to put names to faces, ask questions, and share some snacks and chit chat.

Evelyn, thank you for hosting.  Your discus set ups are incredible.  I've only ever seen the juvies in the store, and had no idea they got so big and beautiful.

I made out like a bandit when the swapping plants came out... another Christmas morning for the Santa tank.  Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your generosity.  I will be sure to pay it forward when they grow up! 

Looking forward to the next meet!

touchofsky

Today was great.  Good food, great people, wonderful plants and lots of information, 

Thank you so much, Evelyn & family for hosting us once again.  Your soup was great, and everyone else's food was delicious, too.

Thank you, Errol, for your presentation, and to everyone for your generous sharing of plants.  I will soon be pruning in my tank.  Unfortunately, I don't have anything exciting, but maybe I will have something some of the people who are setting up new tanks would want  :)

charlie

Monte

Thank-You Evelyn and family for hosting our meeting today.Your Discus setup in your basement was mind blowing.
Your dedication to your hobby and business is truly inspiring.

Thanks to Errol as well for a great presentation, I learned a lot.

It was great to meet all of you face to face. If you are new to the hobby like I am you should definitely come out to the next planted tank meeting.Everyone was friendly great to talk to and willing to share information.

Hope to see you all in March.   Steve. 8)
40 Gallon Breeder

bizfromqc

Thank you all for the great meet today  :) Great food, great conversation and presentation.

Special thanks to Evelyn and family for hosting the meet. That basement of yours is incredible. Your discus are beautiful, I had never seen any that big (and so many) before! Great bunch of German Blue Rams as well, we may have to talk soon as I'd love to get a pair of those in the not so distant future...

Thank you Error for the presentation, great tips and info. I now know who to ask now when I questions  ;)

BTW, The piece of moss (that I AGAIN forgot what kind...) is already in my tank, I'll post an updated tank picture in my build thread soon.

See you all at the next OVAS meeting.

Eric

sylros

What a great time that was! I'm so glad to have gone and met you all. Thanks Evelyn for hosting this first get together, it was worth it!...and thanks Errol for the presentation. I also want to thank Ken who so patiently answered all of my questions. I've only started a planted tank this past November, so now is about the time for surprises. Already there are a few changes that I'll be doing.

Also, let me dispel the rumor...the next get together will be at my place which is indeed in the historic Westboro village but my house is not a historical one...you will soon find out. I personally can't wait to do this again as this time, I'm sure that I'll have plants to give away...of course, these are beginner plants but are great to start a tank with.

Thanks again for a great time!
Sylvie

2075turner

Wow, great meeting everyone.  lots of great information!

Thank you Errol for the great presentation on the basics of keeping planted tanks.  I am more and more motivated to starting a "planted tank" up ;)...well to start one up that doesn't involve bowls, lol ;D

The family and I would also like to thank you all for coming over and bringing all the great treats!  We had a great time.  Looking forward to the next meeting...maybe by then I will have some photos of my own "planted tank" to share!

Cheers, Evelyn

jetstream

Thanks to Evelyn and family for hosting the meeting. Couldn't stay until the end. Had a great time met all the new wet green hands!  ;)

daworldisblack

Yeap Evelyn and Family were gracious hosts! Thanks again for hosting us! Errol's 'ABCs' of planted aquariums was a great primer for the newbies and it was great to put faces to names! I also got some new plants woopeee! Looking forward to finally setting my 25Gallon up with them! Looking forward to the next meet!

charlie

While it`s fresh in our minds & to enable us all to plan our life calender, how about if we schedule March 18 ( Sunday) @ 1.00 PM for our next PA meeting  ;)?? this also gives us a chance to get our tanks in shape & document it to share with each other.
Regards
Bonus Points to who first figure out the bolded letters  :)

Peekay

Hello, my name is Brenda, and I'm a plantaholic.  :)

No, no.. I'm not an addict.  I just use what's freely available in the atmosphere... I don't inject. 

March 18 is fine for me. 

charlie

Quote from: bizfromqc on January 15, 2012, 08:56:02 PM
Thank you all for the great meet today  :) Great food, great conversation and presentation.

Special thanks to Evelyn and family for hosting the meet. That basement of yours is incredible. Your discus are beautiful, I had never seen any that big (and so many) before! Great bunch of German Blue Rams as well, we may have to talk soon as I'd love to get a pair of those in the not so distant future...

Thank you Error for the presentation, great tips and info. I now know who to ask now when I questions  ;)

BTW, The piece of moss (that I AGAIN forgot what kind...) is already in my tank, I'll post an updated tank picture in my build thread soon.See you all at the next OVAS meeting.

Eric
Peacock, hope it does well for you.

charlie

Quote from: Peekay on January 16, 2012, 10:55:26 AM
Hello, my name is Brenda, and I'm a plantaholic.  :)

No, no.. I'm not an addict.  I just use what's freely available in the atmosphere... I don't inject. 

March 18 is fine for me. 
We have a winner, 2 bonus points  ;D

charlie

Help solve this mystery  :)
I  thought took an apisto cave ( Clay Cave) in a air blown plastic bag with the plants for Eric, but i could not find it when i attempted to give it to him, so i assumed i left it @ home, came home & searched & still can`t find it  :), do any of you guy`s recall seeing me with it  :), it may very well be @ home & looking @ me  ;D
Errol

charlie

Quote from: charlie on January 16, 2012, 11:40:50 AM
Help solve this mystery  :)
I  thought took an apisto cave ( Clay Cave) in a air blown plastic bag with the plants for Eric, but i could not find it when i attempted to give it to him, so i assumed i left it @ home, came home & searched & still can`t find it  :), do any of you guy`s recall seeing me with it  :), it may very well be @ home & looking @ me  ;D
Errol
Never mind the escape artist has being found under the seat of my car  :P  :-[

charlie

Someone asked me yesterday what CO2 Regulator i was using, here is a link to it, Serg is a great guy & comes highly recommended, like i mentioned yesterday, i have replicated 2 of them by acquiring the parts & doing my own assembly & quite frankly you don`t end saving a whole lot.
It is the premier line with Bubble counter, picture of it is at the very bottom of the page.
http://sumoregulator.com/PremierLine.html

daworldisblack

Errol, could we also get a link to that diffuser from Fluval you showed? Also someone mentioned an Eheim version. Links for that? Thanks!

charlie

bizfromqc

Quote from: charlie on January 16, 2012, 11:56:17 AM
Never mind the escape artist has being found under the seat of my car  :P  :-[

Woohoo!

2075turner

Great!  I took a look around my place and didn't see anything after you had called.  You didn't leave a return phone number and forgot to ask when I had posted earlier.  Glad you found the cave.

Also, who brought the veggie platter?  I have your plate and dip bowl.  I can bring it next monday to the meeting if you are going to be there.

Cheers, Evelyn

Monte

I got my Eheim diffuser at Big Al's can't remember the price.
40 Gallon Breeder

DaWolfe

Just joined the forum, and unfortunately missed this get together  :( , if permitting I will join you next time. 

BTW I am looking for purchase (nothing to swap/exchange at this time because it is a new setup) some plants.  I did place a LF add in the classifieds, hopefully I can connect with some members.

Cheers
DaWolfe

Monte

Here is a picture of my Diffuser. It is a little different from the one shown on the link left by Errol.
40 Gallon Breeder

daworldisblack

Thanks Errol and Steve! What are you using it with? A reg CO2 set-up or a DIY one? I was reading up and some claim the Fluval ones are finicky when it comes to Paintball DIY CO2 set-ups like I have. Anyone have experience with this?

Monte

I will be using it with a compressed co2 system once I get my tank set up in the coming weeks.If you look at the picture I posted you can see that the bubbles are adjustable right at the diffuser. I was told it works really well. That has yet to be seen.
40 Gallon Breeder

Monte

Does anyone remember the name of that hydroponic store Errol mentioned near Cyrville road where you can get compressed co2. I can't find it on-line at all.
40 Gallon Breeder

charlie

Quote from: Monte on January 16, 2012, 05:03:50 PM
Does anyone remember the name of that hydroponic store Errol mentioned near Cyrville road where you can get compressed co2. I can't find it on-line at all.
Brite Lite Hydroponics

pm

Quote from: daworldisblack on January 16, 2012, 04:14:36 PM
Thanks Errol and Steve! What are you using it with? A reg CO2 set-up or a DIY one? I was reading up and some claim the Fluval ones are finicky when it comes to Paintball DIY CO2 set-ups like I have. Anyone have experience with this?

I had it connected to a paintball setup... probably similar to yours  ;)  It worked fine, the key is that they need a little pressure to get going, but too much pressure is bad.  Remember a paintball setup without a regulator can let out 800psi if you aren't carefull.  too much pressure and you can break the disk.

charlie

Maybe we should be discussing this in the DIY equipment forum?
But i`ll chip in for clarification
@ Steve - that Eheim Diffuser you show is really a air diffuser /air stone & not meant for co2/ that said it will work in a pinch but note both the dedicated Eheim CO2 diffuser i linked & the Fluval one will out perform that one, considering the cost i would suggest you go with the Fluval or if you prefer the Eheim, even the Lime wood air block will out perform the Eheim air diffuser, this is only my personal opinion from testing & using all of the above.
Rah as i mentioned yesterday & as you witness from the Small examples i showed i pretty much explored most of the different co2 diffusing methods  :), & the Fluval ceramic is a personal  favorite of mine best bang for buck, keep in mind i would only suggest them for smaller tanks below 30 gallons .
Regards

Monte

Thanks for clarifying it for me Errol. Big AL's is getting back their air diffuser. I have a 40 gallon tank what would be the best for me to use. Seeing you have tested every method out there. Thanks for the name of that hydroponics store as well.
40 Gallon Breeder

charlie

Quote from: Monte on January 16, 2012, 06:07:29 PM
Thanks for clarifying it for me Errol. Big AL's is getting back their air diffuser. I have a 40 gallon tank what would be the best for me to use. Seeing you have tested every method out there. Thanks for the name of that hydroponics store as well.
Not every but most ;D
I would give the Fluval or the Eheim diffuser a shot, even after saying i would not recocmend the fluval for tanks larger than 30 glns  :D

bettabreeder

count me in for the next meeting! sadly i had to work all day yesterday and was unable to attend. looking forward to the next meeting as im venturing into the planted aquarium for the first time!

ajm1961

Okay, three times the charm I hope (uploaded but files too big...).
Here are some pics I took at the meeting. A bit late, sorry Errol!
Had a great time - thanks to Evelyn for hosting. Love the fish room!!

ajm1961

ajm1961

Monte

Great pictures Andre, Thanks for posting them. Evelyn's Discus where truly amazing. It was a great plantaholics meeting.Looking forward to the next one.
40 Gallon Breeder

bizfromqc

Speaking of the next meeting... Should we talk to the OVAS executive and maybe get the "event" added to the calendar and/or on the home page to raise its visibility?

just a thought...

charlie

Thanks for posting the pics Andre , especially the one of the great dishes  ;D hmmmmmmm  :)
Errol

Fishnut

Quote from: bizfromqc on January 29, 2012, 05:12:35 PM
Speaking of the next meeting... Should we talk to the OVAS executive and maybe get the "event" added to the calendar and/or on the home page to raise its visibility?

just a thought...

The exec meets on Feb. 13th so if you have a proposal, I'll be happy to present it at the meeting :)

charlie

Quote from: Fishnut on January 29, 2012, 10:24:09 PM
The exec meets on Feb. 13th so if you have a proposal, I'll be happy to present it at the meeting :)
I would be happy to attend the meeting , make a proposal @ the very beginning of the meeting & leave.
Errol

bizfromqc

Quote from: charlie on January 30, 2012, 05:51:44 AM
I would be happy to attend the meeting , make a proposal @ the very beginning of the meeting & leave.
Errol

I nominate Errol to be the planted tank guru/freak spokesman  ;D

charlie

Quote from: bizfromqc on January 30, 2012, 02:54:23 PM
I nominate Errol to be the planted tank guru/freak spokesman  ;D
;Danyone secod that if not i will decline  ;D ;D

Monte

I second that. You would be a great spokesperson for us Errol.
40 Gallon Breeder

charlie

Brine

Quote from: charlie on January 30, 2012, 05:51:44 AM
Errol
If these meetings are like every other business meeting I have been to that would fall under new business and would be at the very end of the meeting, I could be wrong though. Some exec would have to confirm that.

sylros

Quote from: charlie on January 16, 2012, 10:11:49 AM
While it`s fresh in our minds & to enable us all to plan our life calender, how about if we schedule March 18 ( Sunday) @ 1.00 PM for our next PA meeting  ;)?? this also gives us a chance to get our tanks in shape & document it to share with each other.
Regards
Bonus Points to who first figure out the bolded letters  :)

Hi all,
because this post is getting super long, I decided to open another just for the next meeting. Here's the link:
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=52835.0

I can't wait!
Sylvie