New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CO2 Reactor?

Started by leng, June 11, 2007, 11:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leng

For sure, and I've been doing some readings.  I guess I'll have happy plants and floating fish if I overdose the tank with CO2  ;D

Glouglou

I use a power head Maxi-Jet with a under gravel filter tube with a maximum of travelling water inside on the output.

For the intake I plug my pressurized co2 wit a homemade basswood diffuser.

excellent CO2 diffusion and travel trough the tank with the flow..

dan2x38

heard the limewood diffusers work good too...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Glouglou

charlie

Quote from: Glouglou on June 14, 2007, 10:42:15 PM
I use a power head Maxi-Jet with a under gravel filter tube with a maximum of travelling water inside on the output.

For the intake I plug my pressurized co2 wit a homemade basswood diffuser.

excellent CO2 diffusion and travel trough the tank with the flow..
Interesting, do you have a pic. or sketch , you would like to share  ;).
Regards

Glouglou

Yes I will post pics tomorow

Glouglou

This is it:

[attachment deleted by admin]

dan2x38

What about attaching the tube to the PH input. Inside put in the flexible bubble wand in a S shape. Attach the air line from the CO2 to the bubble wand. Use the PH venturi to direct the diffused mixture. I would set it low in the tank that is were my DIY is. Should work probibilly quite well too...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

BigDaddy

Quote from: dan2x38 on June 14, 2007, 10:02:04 PM
I have no idea about those pressurized systems... But I read an article one time that a guy was setting up his system and using the glass diffuser... this was at his work so he did not sit around and wait long enough for it to start diffusing... when he came in the next morning all his fish were dead...

I would really suggest getting some of these guys valuable experience, guidance, and opinions... maybe even post a new thread so it gets noticed... becareful!

Doesn't really have anything to do with glass diffusers and more to do with the simple rule with CO2; if you make a change, you have to be around to monitor it.

Learning from others mistakes is good.. but there are plenty of people on these boards who have run pressurized CO2 for years and never lost a fish to suffocation (I'm one of them!)

leng

I ended up buying a Plant Guild C02 Reactor and it seems to be working well so far. Fine bubbles pop out of the foam pad when there are excessive CO2 in the chamber.

Leng

[attachment deleted by admin]