New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Rapid LED

Started by RossW, March 14, 2010, 08:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nissannx

Vincenzo.

JetJumper

Quote from: Vince. on April 10, 2010, 10:59:44 AM
-im not :( so wait :D

I will be soonish.  My Tank should be repaired this week.  can't wait! :D
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

RossW

I would like to get the XP-Gs but the lenses are not in yet. Lenses should be in in the few weeks.

Severum

Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Vincenzo.

^i second that. i want the XP-Gs and lenses > in whites & blues. BoomBAP!

nissannx

fine but its really hard lol. I'm piecing everything together. I dont even have it filled with water yet lol. I just bought a reef keeper lite. need a toy to play with

Vincenzo.

^i though the tank u had going was nice. the back wall was dope to. u just end up selling it all off?

JetJumper

Time to wait again.. haha,

Severum

Holy geez! Run your nano tank off of 2 LEDs!
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

JetJumper

I think with all these changes.. I am going to hold off for now.  I will get myself a 175watt Ballast and a nice 14K bulb and make due with that for now.  I can't afford to do both right now, and I am going to need to setup a lighting system with in a months time frame.  So consider me out of LED's for now.  maybe 6months from now?

bitterman

So anyone interested in this again? Still?

I am seriously wanting to go this way for my sons small SW tank.

Bruce

HomerJ

I'm still interested in some cree leds and drivers.

JetJumper

Just 2 weeks ago I ordered from them.  Quick Shipping as it only took a few days to come in.  Depending on the price of what you can get LED's at I might order some extra's to swap my MaxSpect LED fixture.  Let me know if a group order starts.

Thanks

Severum

Is this order going to be in conjunction with one from say... heat sink USA? Might as well get all the parts needed when there is a big group interested.

Sadly XMs and XPGs still don't come in blues.
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

HomerJ

I'm willing to take care of compiling who wants what and contacting RapidLED to get a quote.  PM me what you want, and I'll add it to this post as we go.

bitterman

Please keep the discussions going in this thead http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=49058.0

Sorry if I moved too much this got really big way too fast. This thread is for organizing the group buy.

Bruce

zoom111

I've noticed a lot of people are still interested in LED's. If you are planning on a DIY then there is a site dedicated to group buy's of LED's. Not sure what kind of prices you will come up with from RapidLED but this group buy site is the cheapest iv'e found. They have the XP-G's and the XP-E's for under $5 each.

Cheap LED's can be found at: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/

Heatsinks and drivers will have to be sourced elsewhere but still not a bad deal. Just wanted to share !

Also, I've added a few interesting reads on DIY LED fixtures in the Saltwater General Discussion. might be worth a read http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=47737.0