New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Non-hagen bulbs in hagen glo t5ho fixture?

Started by Adam, March 11, 2007, 12:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

mseguin

Depends what the actual length is, the Hagen bulbs are actually a wee bit shorter than 36", 34" I think. Otherwise, don't see why they shouldn't work.

darkdep

Aquaria Canada is selling on ebay now?  :)

Yes these will fit.  T5's are all slightly shorter than standard measurements (my "24 inch" T5's are about 22"); it's just part of the bulb characteristics.  Fluorescents tube lengths are supposed to be measured "including endcaps".

PoisonJello

a 36" bulb is actually around 33" if that makes any sense but if you really want to know what bulbs will work in your fixture you will have to remove the cover and on the ballast there should be a sticker with a list of all the bulbs that you can use in that fixture (I don't mean it will say you can use actnic or 10k it will have the serial numbers sort of speak for the bulb types)

If you have a 36" HO fixture then any of the 36" HO bulbs should work, or if you have 36" NO the buy the 36" NO bulbs, just don't mixup HO with NO type or you will have a problem

Adam

Rats...the auction ended and the next one up doesn't have a bid option...

I'm trying to figure out my lighting situation for my 150 gallon...

With two of these 2x39W fixtures over a 72"x18"widex29" high 150 gallon, would I have algae issues?  I'm planning on planting it heavily with anubias and java ferns, bolbitis and other low light plants, but only in the rocks.  The sand would remain clear of plants because my fish are avid diggers.  I figure at just over 1 watt/gallon of T5HO light, I won't have issues, but you never know.  Any opinions?

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers