New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Which pump for UGJ system?

Started by Adam, June 06, 2007, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Hi,

Took the day off work today to finally get around to doing most of the work for my 150 gallon...

I have 2 closed loop systems with 4 jets per loop in my 150 gallon. I want to find a pump suitable for the purpose. I had bought 2 Rio 10HFs from an ebay store, but the seller disappeared with my pumps and money, along with many other people's items.

Anyways, there is about 8.5' of 3/4" horizontal tubing, with 2x45 degree bends for the corners (8 in total). My head loss with the calculator at reef central is about 1-1.5'.

What kind of pump would be best, inexpensive and where can I find it?

Thanks.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers