New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hagen glass top - help

Started by KLKelly, December 31, 2007, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

I have a tank all ready to set up.  The only thing I am missing is the glass top. Its a hagen 54 gallon (A-3038) and it needs a glass top that BigAls can't get in (A-2813).  It has a center brace.

Are there other places that I can get this from?  I'd prefer not to Have to deal with whole glass pieces.  I like hand feeding my fish (especially my blind dojo loach in this tank) and I am a clutz.  The premade folding glass tops are what I really want.

Any recommendations or ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Karrie

dan2x38

Quote from: KLKelly on December 31, 2007, 05:47:25 PM
I have a tank all ready to set up.  The only thing I am missing is the glass top. Its a hagen 54 gallon (A-3038) and it needs a glass top that BigAls can't get in (A-2813).  It has a center brace.

Are there other places that I can get this from?  I'd prefer not to Have to deal with whole glass pieces.  I like hand feeding my fish (especially my blind dojo loach in this tank) and I am a clutz.  The premade folding glass tops are what I really want.

Any recommendations or ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Karrie

You could always get a plastic hinge here, http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/skus/hd/HDPR-R01052.asp?L+scstore+fxhj5719ffe2a7e2+1199153916 Then buy to pieces of glass.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Brine

Perhaps you could get one made? There are a number of Glass stores around...One on Bank St near Catherine...I think it is called Preston Paint and Glass or something like that. Also Canus on Lisgar St, plastics could make one of acrylic.

KLKelly

The furnace in my house died again today  :'(  The house seems to know when we are broke.  Poor cat is going to have to wait longer to go to the vet or I'm going to sell the wii.

Anyhoo - I had to get the 54 set up today thanks to the heater dying in the 30 gallon and only having the 250watt one from Xmas.

Out of desperation I bought the perfecto one for the 50 gallon with bridge and the glass tops fit PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!

This is the only thing that has gone right today!

Thanks again for the advice and feedback.

Karrie

dan2x38

Sorry to hear about the furnance. It is not that they know when we are broke they know when we have spent a lot. Glad ya got a top for the tank.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."