New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Question for people with basement sumps

Started by Zzippper, April 03, 2009, 11:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zzippper

I am looking at moving my sump from the main floor of my house to the basement.

I am trying the figure out the best and most cost effective plumbing method for getting the water from the overflow to the sump and then back from the sump to the DT. I am fortunate in that my DT sits in front of a cold air return - so I don't have to drill the floor. I'm just trying to figure out what to use in terms of tubing / pipeing.

Any / all advise is appreciated.

Z

Severum

I used all 1.5" PVC for my basement sump. The most expensive parts were the elbows and valvues. In hindsight I probably would have gone all ABS which would have been cheaper and I could pop into Home Depot whenever I wanted to get parts rather than inconvient hours of specialty plumbing stores that sell 1.5".
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Hookup

SPAFLEX is simplest...

PVC is a good option if you're not going to have your sump right under the tank... i.e.  If your routing your sump to the other side of the house convert from spa-flex to PVC once into the basement using a nice easy slope then run PVC to the sump... Reverse the order for the return....

FocusFin

Quote from: Zzippper on April 03, 2009, 11:38:23 AM
I am looking at moving my sump from the main floor of my house to the basement.

You know...yesterday I told you I was going to move my sump to the basement, today you're moving your sump to the basement...you don't have to compete with me, you're a wonderful person with many attributes, some attributes a few attributes ;D

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Zzippper

Quote from: FocusFin on April 03, 2009, 06:01:55 PM
You know...yesterday I told you I was going to move my sump to the basement, today you're moving your sump to the basement...you don't have to compete with me, you're a wonderful person with many attributes, some attributes a few attributes ;D

LOL!  ;D ;D
He likes me.  He really, really likes me!

:D ;D