New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Yellow Lab eggs

Started by drboeing, July 28, 2008, 12:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drboeing

Quote from: bitterman on September 26, 2008, 10:37:16 AM
Congratulations... You might be able to pickup a tank used in the Classified area and save some $... some people have many tanks just laying around the house ;) If you want to enhance there coloration spirulina flake or tablets are good for your fry.... can really make them pop as a nautual color enhancer and also helps the immune system.

Bruce

I found a 15 gallon in the classified section (thanks  nissannx).
I have some spirilina and will give them some, thanks for the info.

rnish

Congratulations.  Is mommy doing ok?  She might need a rest from the main tank and you can put her in with her babies though I have never seperated them from each other.  I hope you enjoy your babies it is so fun to watch them grow :). My mature labs usually produce about 30 fry.
If the mommy is harassed too much you might need more hiding places in your main tank.
Jade

drboeing

Quote from: rnish on September 29, 2008, 09:27:05 AM
Congratulations.  Is mommy doing ok?  She might need a rest from the main tank and you can put her in with her babies though I have never seperated them from each other.  I hope you enjoy your babies it is so fun to watch them grow :). My mature labs usually produce about 30 fry.
If the mommy is harassed too much you might need more hiding places in your main tank.
Jade

Mom is doing great, she is eating like a pig and no one has harassed her, if anything, she is the agressor.
There are 18 fry and they are now light yellow and eating very well. well

drboeing

Good lord!!!!! This fish is a breeding machine.
She spit the fry about 3 weeks ago and is already carrying eggs. Is this normal???? I figured it would be a few months not a few weeks before she would carry again!!!!!!

RossW

Quote from: drboeing on October 08, 2008, 07:54:10 PM
Good lord!!!!! This fish is a breeding machine.
She spit the fry about 3 weeks ago and is already carrying eggs. Is this normal???? I figured it would be a few months not a few weeks before she would carry again!!!!!!

For yellow labs this is completly normal.  Enjoy the ride!!!

drboeing

Hi All,

I have a new question in regrds to Yellow Lab fry. The mother spit out the latest batch of fry about 3 weeks ago, all(only 10 this time) are doing well. They are all a nice yellow now withthe exception of 1. This one fry is a grey colour with dark grey stripes, can anyone shed some light on this or will he/she develop his/her yellow colour in time. I am kind of hoping the little one stays this way, very neat looking!!!! ;)