New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new here how do i upload photos here?

Started by bac, April 14, 2009, 12:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bac

just want to say hi,i am new here and have had salt tanks set up for just two years now.i have 3 tanks set up ,a 125 ,70 and 55 all reef tanks . It is great to find this site and all of you .i will try to put pictures on ,but so far have not been able to ,maybe some one can give me a hint

Severum

Welcome to the site! To attach images click on the "Addional Options..." link just below the text box where you type in your post. You can attach pictures there... if that was your issue.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

bac

i tryed that , maybe two many megs i don't know?

Severum

Yup there is a 1 meg size limitation.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

QueensU

Whenever I add pics on here, I open them up in Microsoft Paint, and then use the Stretch/Skew thing in Image to shrink them down. Save them with a new name and you can add them. I find its easier to do that than mess around with the camera settings. Hope this helps!

bac

thanks for the idea ,  i will try to shrink it down on my computer

bac

will i have tried , got it down to 414kb per picture and can not download even one   ,any ideas out there . i have but it keeps saying it is taking to long??

dan2x38

What format i sthe picture? i.e. BMP file type
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

fischkopp

Quote from: bac on April 15, 2009, 07:29:16 AM
will i have tried , got it down to 414kb per picture and can not download even one   ,any ideas out there . i have but it keeps saying it is taking to long??

The limitations are: max 1MB per attachment (pic), 10 attachments max, 2MB max for all attachments.

So you should be able to attach up to 4 pics with 414kB to any post.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

QueensU

Your camera must take super huge pixel shots. Usually when I shrink a picture down from my camera, I shrink it to 25% using ms paint, and they turn out to be about 60-70kb. Are you sure you shrunk them down enough?