New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

bandits 65

Started by bandit, June 20, 2012, 10:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

Here is a couple pics of my 65. Im running out of space and would like some suggestions for corals.  Im planning on getting a bigger tank in a yr or so. So whats missing besides fish?

kole18

bandit

thanks, im in the mood for some changes so looking for some ideas

ihavecrabs

That's a beautiful tank.  I hope to have a tank like that some day.  How old is it?  I'm a crab guy myself.  Have you thought of emerald, anemone, decorator, pom-pom, or acro crabs?  I hear gorgorian corals that are non-photosynthetic (like blueberry gorgorian) are pretty much impossible to keep, with a well established tank like that you may have a shot.  Could be a good challenge. 

bandit

thanks, well tank is only 5yrs oul but I had a 125gallon for almost 8 or 10yrs before that and downsized to this 65, now Im thinking of going bigger again

I too like having crabs and shrimp, I have 2 pistol shrimp, maybe 3, to cleaners. 4 emeralds lots of hermits and a trapezia acro crab. I have been looking for a pompom for a while, and would like to add anemone crab.  I would like to get some other gorgs but they are a bit of a pita to feed all the time.

bandit

I added 2 more corals on the weekend and orange monti and a army green monti also fish are out in this pick

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bandit

Update 2.5months growth can you see the difference?

Djokher

Beautifull !!! awsome job.

Nice Gorgonian to the left side....what type ?

Hookup

Pretty exceptional mixed reef tank!

For some vertical interest maybe some staghorn coral?  It is pretty sweet as is.

montisaurus

Hehe..... I see your placed a couple acropora pieces ontop of your huge montipora ledges?
There's an interesting way of making room   :)

White Lightning

bandit

Another pic growth update, I should mention this tank is on hard well water, I haven't done a water change in over a year, I just add 5 scoops of bio calcium every week.

Darth

I just started using bio-calcium as well and amazed at the results, color on my zoa's and polyp extensions are great

Hookup

What's your fish load?

bandit

65 gallon with 30gallon sump, live stock;

2 clowns
Blue tang
Royal gramma
Cherub angel
Yellow watchmen goby

Inverts

100 hermits about
2 cleaner shrimp
3 pistol shrimp
3 emeral crabs
3 tiger tal cucumbers
Lots of snails all types
Weird crab that lives in birds nest coral
Bubble tip anemone

Timm3h

I noticed you mentioned you are on well water. Do you use an RODI unit?

bandit

No Rodi  just straight from the tap.

About 2 months ago one of my ballasts went for my power compacts and I lost 50 percent of my daylighting, one of my montipora bleached. I ordered a new ballast from sunpaq but its been 2 months???

So just baught a maxpect razor 10000k from marine scape love it...

Pics soon

Darth

can't wait to see the new pics

bandit

Here's one at 50%white 75% blue