New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Breeder from Montreal

Started by KeepOn, March 10, 2008, 06:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeepOn

Hello every one, I start breeding fish since 1982.  When the kids were born, ran out of time, had to take a break.  Kids are older and they do there stuff now.  So I have decided to throw away all the old furniture in the family room and fill it up with aquariums.  Today, I have around 15 aquariums varying in sizes 20 to 150 gallons.  Most of the aquariums have cichlids.  And the breeding is going well.  Every week-end my friend and I go fishing.  Fishing means, we go do all the petshops in Montral looking for new species.
The reason I wanted to join here, was to find people that have the same passion as me.  In Montreal, I haven't found many people that enjoy breeding and cichlids.  I was going through the forum and you guys seem to be active alot.   Hope I can make new friends here and we can share our passion.

KeepOn

apuppet

Welcome to ovas, hope you enjoy your stay.  You'll fit right in, we have lots of african nuts here.  ::)

its the southamerican , their are the cool group.  hehe
planted

Adam

What are you currently breeding?
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

Vizerdrix

Welcome from another cichlid fanatic (New World, thank you!).

We are a very active group, and overall, quite friendly.  Hope you'll share your experience with all of us!

KeepOn

No problem, I am willing to share my experience, tricks and even certain species I have. 

KeepOn

Quote from: Adam on March 10, 2008, 06:48:41 PM
What are you currently breeding?
I have register with BAP in my club in the las two months:
Neolamprologus Niger
Aulonocara Baenschi
Paracyprichromis Nigripinnis
Cyprichromis Leptosoma Jumbo (Kekese)
Cyprichromis Leptosoma Jumbo (Kigoma) Tricolor
Aulonocara Stewartgranti OB (Orange Blush)

At the moment I have in breeding basket:
Astatotolapia Latifasciata (Zebra Obiquidens)
Pseudotropheus sp. "acei" "Itungi"

At the moment in three incubators:  Pyxichromis Orthostoma (endangered species)

fredmir

Hi

There is a Montreal Aquariums Society meeting tomorrow night
We are always looking for new member`s

http://www.geocities.com/mtlfishclub/

George

irene

Quote from: KeepOn on March 10, 2008, 06:22:34 PM
  Every week-end my friend and I go fishing.  Fishing means, we go do all the petshops in Montral looking for new species.

hahaha, that's what I say too if I'm going to the fish store. ;D

Irene

KeepOn

Quote from: fredmir on March 11, 2008, 11:02:42 PM
Hi

There is a Montreal Aquariums Society meeting tomorrow night
We are always looking for new member`s

http://www.geocities.com/mtlfishclub/

George
I am a member of the SAM, which is the french version of MAS.  Next month my intentions is to go and see how it is.  Many years ago I use to go and do a visit once in a while

Dave and Diane

Please to have you here.
We make trips to Montreal now and then .
We will be sure to contact you on our next visit .

Cheers
Dave and Diane