New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Greetings & Salutations

Started by jawtech, March 30, 2008, 07:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawtech

You guessed it another new member....

I've been keeping fish off an on for 25 years now.  I currently have 4 tanks: 110g & 20g African cichlids and 20g & 10g freshwater tropical.
   I've only started keeping Cichlids recently and I'm kicking myself for not getting them sooner, they are so colourful and interesting. My Yellow Labs. in the 110g community tank have started breeding. I also have about 15 Neo. Multifastidious fry that are doing quite well in a 20g species only tank, the parents were the last 2 in the store..got lucky there.
   I also really enjoy growing aquatic plants. Before converting the 110g tank to Cichlids I had stocked it with several species of plants, 3 platies, a few other fish like betas and bottom feeders then pretty much just left it on it's own for almost 2 years. At it's peak i would guess there were about 80 fish, and i continually had to trim the plants back. I suggest starting with more than 3 fish as breeding stock to anyone interested in trying something like this though.

Anyways, i heard about the site from a friend at work so here I am.  ;D

fischkopp

Welcome to OVAS!

You found a great community that love to share their experience with you. Very soon you will be infected by MTS and add more tanks, because the people here will tempt you to do so. Just like this: If you like planted tanks and cichlids, have you considered a South American setup with some dwarf cichlids? ;)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Vizerdrix

Welcome Jawtech.  I'm sure everyone here will benefit from your 25 years of experience!

Dave and Diane

dan2x38

Nice to meet you... to bad you just missed a great speaker this month on Africans, Trophous... it was very interesting. have to catch the monthly meetings for sure.

Do you have a membership yet? They are cheaper mid season. You also get discounts at certain LFS when an OVAS mamber.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

presto

Welcome
This is a great place to find info on plants and lots of opportunities to buy and trade them.