New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

G'day everyone

Started by jenifermarie, January 04, 2009, 09:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenifermarie

Hi, I'm Jen, I moved to Ottawa six months ago from Sydney, AU, and decided I needed to find a new (indoor) hobby.

I had a few lazy goldfish as a child, but haven't kept any since then.  Ive currently got two tanks running -

29G with 6 tiger barbs, I'm planning to pull this one apart in the near future to plant it, currently it has a blue background, blue gravel, an ugly fake piece of driftwood and some plastic plants :-[

10G currently going thru a fishless cycle.  Its planted w/java fern, java moss, saggitaria and something else that escapes me.  Plan is to put neon or cardinal tetras and maybe some shrimp at this point but I will post that into the main fw forum for some suggestions along with some other newbie questions I have.

groupie02

Welcome to OVAS Jen!  I'm sure that you'll find plenty of advice from our members in our forum.

dan2x38

Nice to meet you. You came to the right place to find fish friends. Our next club meeting is on Jan. 26th come out and meet some of the crazies... ;) We also have the annual OVAS Giant Auction coming up 1st week of March you can get tons of stuff especially plants there. Look forward to your posts and tank upgrades. I have a Tiger Tank I love them and enjoy watching their antics.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."