New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Greetings for the East Coast...

Started by uarujoey, May 29, 2011, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uarujoey

Hey guys/gals!!

Joey here.

I thought i'd give a quick introduction to myself.

Currently i reside in Nova Scotia.

I was actually born in Ontario though!! (Guelph), and lived in Ottawa as a child(too young at the time to remember)

So i guess, i could say, i feel at home here?  :)

As a hobbyists, I have enjoyed a vast amount of different species of fish.

My current love is freshwater stingrays and asian arowana.

I currently house 3 rays and an asian arowana in a 350 gallon system. (284gal tank, 66gal sump) i run this tank on a fluidized filter i designed. I also built this tank myself.

The arowana is a Panda Gold. Two of the rays are motoros(one of which is currently pregnant)
The other ray is a Boesemani... one of only 2-4 in north america. Only recently discovered and described(2008)

Anyways, this is my "main" tank. And actually the only tank i currently have running.

I have a new acrylic build underway, and am currently conflicted as to what i want to stock it with... Im leaning towards discus. I had a group of 9 at one point, but would like to try them again. Thinking one color strain only though. new tank will be 150gals.

Anyways... hope to get to know you guys here more, and i will be lurking around from time to time. I hope to be able to offer some help where i can.

garnpet

Welcome to OVAS.

It's always nice to see another Maritimer on board!
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

dan2x38

Nice too meet ya... :) I am also a displaced Maritimer from Frdericton. My parents were from Bridgewater.

That is some kind of setup ya have there and stocked with interesting species. Look forward to hearing what you add to the new one.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

ThomasLynn

hmmmm seems to be a trend showing up here... I'm from Charlotteotonw PEI... Welcome to the OVAS!