New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Raffle Ticket Goodness

Started by artw, February 26, 2007, 01:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMomma

Quote from: busdriver on February 28, 2007, 01:59:44 PM
Is that card carrying members or members on here? I just don't want anyone to misunderstand, because you never know. ???

You'll notice, Terry, that members of the executive have been, as of late, differentiating between the two.

The word "member" is used to refer to a card-carrying OVAS member.  Otherwise, someone who frequents the site is referred to as a "user"

beowulf

I am guessing the raffle takes place after everything has been auctions off?

mseguin

We do it at intervals, i.e. certain items at break 1 or 2, best ones kept for last.

beowulf

Quote from: mseguin on March 04, 2007, 08:32:11 AM
We do it at intervals, i.e. certain items at break 1 or 2, best ones kept for last.

Sounds good.  Is there a limit to what one pseron can win?  IE say I win something small at the break, can I still win the big tanks etc at the end?

Nerine

everything is gonna happen soon :)

unfortuantly with bills...I am left with only 30$ :( hopefully that can get me something lol
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

babblefish1960

Yes, you can win everything there is to offer the entire day, it would be both lucky and your personal misfortune, as the odds are against it, and should you succeed, the angry mob behind you will possibly be against it too. ;)

No worries Nerine, $30 will buy a lot of cool stuff, even in the kitchen, pizzaaaa! ;D

Nerine

I have to say I REALLY love pizza...my nickname used to be Pizza girl cuz I was never without hahahaha

BUT I'm saving my $$'s and bringing my own snack hahahaha
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

beowulf

So close yet so far for the aquapod!!!  The last ticket I bought was off by 2 from the winner!!

Nerine

I spent my 30...all on goodies and only had to eat what I brought....2 cokes and a handful of little chocolates since 10am!!!! AHHH it's 9pm and I'm famished! (just got everyone set up)

I was a number off from one of the raffle items :( but congrats to everyone who won something :)

scorpion-stinger

I thought you had to be at the event to CLAIM your prize? to my knowledge that person WASN'T present to claim his prize.  hummmmmmmmm

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 27, 2007, 01:47:25 PM
No herey, no getty, you can bet on it, you want the big tank at the end, you have to be there at the end, as the raffles are always for those who are present and accounted for.

93GTCANADA

i have noticed that also scorpion. i told my wife hey i thought u had to be present. oh well.

scorpion-stinger

ahhh well hummmm, not fair to all others that were there though,

Quote from: scorpion-stinger on March 04, 2007, 09:24:30 PM
I thought you had to be at the event to CLAIM your prize? to my knowledge that person WASN'T present to claim his prize.  hummmmmmmmm

darkdep

From what I understand whoever won left their tickets with someone to claim the prize, which counts.