New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Montreal Auction - How was it?

Started by 328iGuy, November 28, 2004, 01:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

Hey

to all who attended the auction today, let us all know how it was, what you got and what great deals you got!

Thanks

pegasus

Well there was a colony of Tropheus Flametail, but I did not have the $200 that it was sold at. I did get a mature Kaiser for $2 and $19 for 5 juveniles.
$22 for 3 Frontosa
$19 for 3 Calvus (there was some real nice one, ask Steve but I bought mine without looking, dam they less then 1/2") Someone was laughing and it was not me.
I did get my Walter worms.

There was a lot of Julis, Leptosoma, Aulonocara, Apistos and Killies but only one brevis.

Steve Cass was the obvious winner for his sales , his new acquisitions and his 2 prizes.

I sold 4 tretocephalus for $38 while my Rusty, the C44, Zebra & crabro went for $2-$6.... (I smell a fire sale soon)

Ok for now, I'll let the others gloat about their day in Montreal.

328iGuy

Ahh so you managed to pick up some Tropheus.  Are you housing them all in the same tank (Wouldn't be highly recommended unless the tank is 100+ gallons)?

Sounds like you did alright though, I wouldn't have minded picking up some more Aulonocara species to add to my already existing "collection" :).

So what did everyone else pickup?

artw

I didn't buy anything but the driving was interesting :D
definately a buyers market with great deals all around.  850+/- items

328iGuy

pegasus

QuoteShould have gone!
I hate to say.." We told you so " in so many ways.

Ron would have made a killing... their plants were awfull.

328iGuy

Evan

I would have liked to have gone,  but I should not be allowed to go to places like that.  

I would  have ended up buying some Tropheus and fronts and then I would have had to buy some new tanks  with money that I don't have AND I would have to tell my wife that I got more fish :x

328iGuy

Evan

You interested in Tropheus?  I am going to pick an order in T.O on Friday for anyone thats interested.

Evan

I can't have any right now,  I don't have any where to put them.

On some far off day I will get some though.

pegasus

BTW  I forgot  James also won a Fluvial.

328iGuy

Quote from: "Evan"I can't have any right now,  I don't have any where to put them.

On some far off day I will get some though.

Once mine start breeding maybe we can work out a deal ;)!

Marx

were htere good prices on filters and such?

artw

Relatively.  All of my stuff went for a steal,  like the perfectly good 20 gallon for $2.  So it was a bit dirty,  but it was worth more than $2  (grr)

Evan

If I get another tank by that time I would likely be interested.

328iGuy

Quote from: "artw"Relatively.  All of my stuff went for a steal,  like the perfectly good 20 gallon for $2.  So it was a bit dirty,  but it was worth more than $2  (grr)

MAAAN I would given you $5 easily!  :lol:

BigDaddy

Quote from: "artw"Relatively.  All of my stuff went for a steal,  like the perfectly good 20 gallon for $2.  So it was a bit dirty,  but it was worth more than $2  (grr)

Did they not have a minimum bid system in place?

Marx

i offered you 15 for it before you left lol..

maitre007

I was really happy to pick up 7 Cyprichromis leptosoma at the auction.  I thought they would be a nice addition to my cichlid community tank.

That is until I witness my Nimbochromis venustus and Nimbochromis livingstoni gobbled them up as soon as I introduced them to my tank.

328iGuy

Quote from: "maitre007"I was really happy to pick up 7 Cyprichromis leptosoma at the auction.  I thought they would be a nice addition to my cichlid community tank.

That is until I witness my Nimbochromis venustus and Nimbochromis livingstoni gobbled them up as soon as I introduced them to my tank.

YIKES!

When did they do that, overnight or immediately when they were introduced?