New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Recent posts

OVAS News and Events / Re: May 29th Meeting
Last post by Gowalkitoff - Today at 01:11:50 PM
Have a great meeting! I was looking forward to the presentation. I won't attend because it's my daughter's birthday. I thought the meeting would be on the Tuesday. Have a great summer!

Plants / Re: Water hyacinth
Last post by limmer - Today at 10:06:27 AM
Picked up one Water Lettuce and one hyacinth at Big Als for $9 each or 3 plants for $24.
Used to get them from CTC in Kanata other years. Some other CTC have them but not sure which ones.
I have also gotten them from one of our other sponsors "Ponds and Aquaria" out in Kinburn. (If you go there let me know).
Plants / Water hyacinth
Last post by Biulu - May 14, 2024, 10:35:30 PM
Does anyone know which stores/places already carry water hyacinth? And/or other pond plants/marginals?
OVAS News and Events / May 29th Meeting
Last post by Jody - May 11, 2024, 05:20:02 PM
Hi All,

Wow, time has flown, and we are at the last meeting of the season.
We have a fantastic speaker lined up, Eleonore, who will be sharing her experience with tub ponds. This is the perfect time of year to start thinking of it, and it should be a great talk.

Also, as the season rolls to a close, it is time for the election of the executive committee for the 2024-2025 season. All positions are available for those interested, though some of the current exec have chosen to remain, if they are able to.

The exec officers consists of
President (Vacant)
Vice - President (Vacant)
Secretary -
Treasurer - Mike M.

Committee Chairs
Auction chair - Alyssa
Sponsorship - (Vacant)
Membership - Liam
Program - (Vacant)
Online Presence (Vacant)

If you have a bit of spare time, and are willing to help out, feel free to jump in, the club is always looking for volunteers. Regardless of experience level, OVAS is happy to accept anyone.

And finally, we have our aquascaping bowl show. I am sure that we will have some amazing displays and hopefully we have lots of tanks to judge.

See you then
Jody
Member Classifieds / Re: Ff: low tech freshwater pl...
Last post by Gowalkitoff - April 30, 2024, 09:06:19 AM
After Biulu there will be none left. Thanks everyone!
Last post by Biulu - April 29, 2024, 11:46:40 PM
Thanks! Will DM you
Last post by Gowalkitoff - April 29, 2024, 01:05:53 PM
Quote from: Biulu on April 29, 2024, 11:36:37 AMInterested in moss and java fern if you haven't tossed it out already.

Yes I still have some
Last post by Biulu - April 29, 2024, 11:36:37 AM
Interested in moss and java fern if you haven't tossed it out already.
OVAS News and Events / Re: April meeting?
Last post by Gowalkitoff - April 29, 2024, 10:14:03 AM
Thanks!
OVAS News and Events / Re: April meeting?
Last post by Dan - April 28, 2024, 11:57:57 PM
The April meeting was last Monday, unfortunately you missed it. The May meeting is Monday, May 27th at the J.A. Dulude Arena. They are listed on the home page of the website.