New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plants for Ebi

Started by Jeff1192, April 27, 2014, 09:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

I'm looking for people's experience with the Fluval Ebi shrimp setup and the plants they had success with. I set one up a couple of weeks ago. Right now I have anubias, a moss ball, java fern, hornwort and some compact hygro (not sure there will be enough light for it but figured I'd try it out).  I don't plan on upgrading the lighting or adding CO2 as I want this tank to be all about the shrimp. But I'd like to know what other plants people have had success with using the stock setup.

Thanks

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

I think the smaller varieties  of Cryptocoryne, Dwarf Sagittaria, Vallisneria  should work well with your set up.
My 15 gallon shrimp tank is doing fine with some crypts & dwarf sagg , java fern & some moss with a 24 inch T5 ho about 12 inches above the tank in 3 year old fluval stratum - no co2 no fert. just weekly 10% water changes & some seachem equilibrium.
Errol

Jeff1192

Thanks I hadn't thought about dwarf sag.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell