New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Rainbow fish Convention

Started by Jody, July 01, 2022, 02:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya Folks,
Just a quick post. I will provide more details later.

There is an upcoming convention in Oshawa. It is Rainbowfish themed, with speakers, auctions and dinner.
Here are the details.
https://www.dras.ca/conventionmain

I will be going, and have room in my car and am willing to share a room to cut expenses.

We may have a small stipend to help cover the costs .
Details later.
Jody

Jody

Hiya all,
Okay here are the details.

The DRAS (Durham Region Aquarium Society) is hosting a Rainbowfish convention.
It will be held Sept 23rd -25th
Location  Holiday inn Express in downtown Oshawa.

My plan would be to leave early friday morning, and go to Finatics in  Mississauga, then work our way back toward Oshawa, hit some of the stores on on way.
Registration is between 1 and 6 Friday, with the first speaker at 7 pm.
Saturday is filled with speakers (or if we want to skip anything more fish shopping in Scarborough and Whitby area). Then there is a banquet with a speaker and a specialty auction, which will likely have some rare rainbows.
Sunday is breakfast and the giant auction and then home.

OVAS is one of the sponsors of the convention, so it would be great to have a bit of a club presence.
In order to do that the club is offering to cover some of the costs for full car loads going down. Exact details for this TBD.

I am going for sure, and have room for up to 3 people in my car, plus will be looking to share a room.with someone.

I think that this is an exciting way to get a new season of fish keeping going. I love going to the conventions and have a blast at every one. Plus it is a great excuse to go fish shopping.

Jody

Jody

Hi All,

Just a reminder of this great event coming up.

Thanks
Jody

Biulu

Hi Jody,

I will be going too albeit leaving from Mtl on Friday around 1 (can only get half a day off).

Anybody else from OVAS going?

Looking forward to seeing you there! Eleonore

Jody

Hi Eleonor,

Ah that is a shame. I was hoping and planning to be there but work has a big sale this weekend, so I won't be making it.

I hope that you have fun

Jody