New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

recommendation for Yeast?

Started by wish_Fish, May 15, 2009, 08:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wish_Fish

I have been using Yeast-sugar method to generate CO2...they work well for me but i have to change the mixtures almost every 4 days for strong productions.  I have tried a couple of brands but neither of them barely last very long.
anyone has any recommendation for a particular brand that works really well (last longer)?
  :D

charlie

Yea pressurised  :D, no more mixing or changing for a long time   :P
Have you tried brewers yeast ?

RossW

I think Dan always reccomends brewers yeast from some Brew Your Own place on Bank Street beside McDonalds near South Keys.

wish_Fish

gonna for sure give a try ~ and yea.. eventually i will go pressurised! would be much easier and more stable.

Bees

More specifically, you can ask if they have any yeast for making champagne.  It is working great for me but to be honest I have not tried any other types of brewing yeast.
Also here's a power point presentation some guy made that has a lot of good yeast info.  I realize that you're already pretty experienced but you never know when good information will help.

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/Nyberg_yeast.ppt#256,1,