New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

air pump manifolds

Started by babblefish1960, August 06, 2006, 04:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Anyone, I'm looking for an air manifold that is sold locally for air pumps. If I have to I can order from Jehmco, but I'd rather not, as I don't wish to wait that long for shipping.

I'm running 1200 l/m at the moment, and as a result of daisy-chaining all the valves, the actual flow is less than I require.

Anyone have one, or know where I can pop down to pick one up?

addendum: I can use as few as three on a pipe, and as many as two banks of twelve, so absolutely everything is game right now.

Woody

I have never seen manifolds for sale around this area, so I actually built them myself. Air valves from Big Al's, and the PVC piping and attachments from Canadian Tire. I found that way I can space the valves to exactly where I want them.
Just remember the larger the pipe, the less friction and more air pressure you will have.
I haver four banks set up that run 50 plus aquariums off one pump. The new pump I just set up will accomade another forty tanks, and with the old pump I can set up another fifty aquariums. Time to buy some more tanks.
A little teflon tape on the end of the valve and a touch of aquarium silicone after the valve is inserted into the pipe. If I had a camera I would take a picture and show you, but sadly I don't.

Woody

babblefish1960

I am going to have to see this setup some day, it is sounding as though it is growing exponentially.

I wanted to avoid all the putting something together, as I have too much work and wanted something plug and play(maybe microsoft makes one).

Not lazy, I just know how much I've got on the go.

dannypd

Quote from: Woody on August 07, 2006, 08:40:31 AM
I have never seen manifolds for sale around this area, so I actually built them myself. Air valves from Big Al's, and the PVC piping and attachments from Canadian Tire. I found that way I can space the valves to exactly where I want them.
Just remember the larger the pipe, the less friction and more air pressure you will have.
I haver four banks set up that run 50 plus aquariums off one pump. The new pump I just set up will accomade another forty tanks, and with the old pump I can set up another fifty aquariums. Time to buy some more tanks.
A little teflon tape on the end of the valve and a touch of aquarium silicone after the valve is inserted into the pipe. If I had a camera I would take a picture and show you, but sadly I don't.

Woody

What an interesting project..thanks for the idea.

babblefish1960

I managed to pick one up from AquaCave in Illinois, but I forgot to get an adapter for a short tube 3/4" on one end, and 7/16" on the other end, anyone have one of these kicking around?