New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Adjustable plastic control valves

Started by Woody, September 20, 2005, 11:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

Hey everyone

Is there any place in Ottawa to purchase adjustable plastic control valves. The kind you would mount in a tubing and run the airline to your aquariums.
Mops.ca has them, but just wondering if anyone knew where to find them locally.

Thanks

Woody

jaracas

try your local walmart, our one has them in 1:3, 1:4 and 1:5 outlets for around $4

mseguin

Are u just looking for regular airline tubing. They're some at BA Innes, at the front cash, they're like 1.49 each.

charlie

I think he is looking for the  2 ,3, & 4 gang pen plax air control valve - like the ones jaracas
referred to @ Walmart also available @ other pet stores for more money.

Woody

Thanks for the response but what I am looking for is the single plastic control valves, you drill into a PVC pipe, input the valve and you can control the air flow to the individual aquariums. Great for setting up a bank of aquariums to be run off one pump.
I am going to try to attach a photograph. they are the ones on the right.

Thanks

Woody

Nelson

...but that's exactly what a gang valve does Woody.

Woody

I run a Gast pump and want to add a few more aquariums in a bank, actually a few more banks and can't seem to find these locally. Gang valves won't work, the air tension is too high in regular airline tubing.
The ones I have set up now, I've had for over ten years, and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Mops.ca is it I guess

Thanks

Woody

jaracas

i use an 802 pump to run 10 sponge filters absolutely perfectly via 2 1:5 gang valves (well actually there's a few sponge filters and a few box filters, but it's all good)

pegasus

I know what you mean Woody. I used to get mine from home made wine stores.

Woody

Never thought of them, I'll try there today, Thanks Pegasus.