New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

SW Blue Tang

Started by shannon333, July 18, 2012, 09:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatwhite

Quote from: kole18 on July 19, 2012, 09:52:31 PM
Tangs known for ich, specially this kind of tang always get ich. They say it's hardy only if you can provide a healthy tank would do well, as well lots of of cleaner shrimp too. I remember bought 2 tiny 1's from ray I kept in my 65g but I ended up loosing both. Don't know what causes of the problem just disappear in my tank. If I'm going to vita hippo tang I would probably buy around 3-4" size so then it's stronger than the small 1:).

I have never successfully raised a cleaner shrimp "from small".  I don't know why, they just seem more sensitive to things.  If  you see some bigger ones, grab them!  I think the ones I have now were what I'd consider "mid-sized" when I got them.  They are pretty big now, and it didn't take them long to set up a cleaning station that my yellow tang cruises through on occasion.

You can also get a cleaner wrasse or something similar...  I love when fish have jobs. :)

kole18

Cleaner wrasse it will help but this won't survive for long unless if you have a lot bigger fish in your tank. I'd just have 4 cleaner shrimp got 4 tangs seems all my tangs are ok.

az

Quote from: Greatwhite on July 20, 2012, 12:52:52 PM
I have never successfully raised a cleaner shrimp "from small".  I don't know why, they just seem more sensitive to things.  If  you see some bigger ones, grab them!  I think the ones I have now were what I'd consider "mid-sized" when I got them.  They are pretty big now, and it didn't take them long to set up a cleaning station that my yellow tang cruises through on occasion.

You can also get a cleaner wrasse or something similar...  I love when fish have jobs. :)

you need to go slow with cleaners...

:)
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Greatwhite

I have a 5 date rule with cleaners. Not sure how that applies to shrimp though. :)