New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS is on Facebook!

Started by Fishnut, May 19, 2011, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

Social Media is bringing more and more people together in the digital world than ever before.  Facebook, Twitter and MySpace have revolutionized how we communicate and get information.

OVAS has joined the rest of the world with a presence on Facebook, but it hasn't been promoted.  We're starting now!

For those of you who are on Facebook, here's a great page for you to Like:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OVAS-Ottawa-Valley-Aquarium-Society/111064502271805

Nerine and I will be monitoring it and posting interesting things relating to the aquarium hobby as well as doing our best to promote the club and stimulate more interest in the club and our monthly meetings.  The more of a presence we have, the more attractive we look to international organizations such as Hagen, Tetra, API, etc.  This means a potential for more benefits for the club and it's members in the form of sponsorships and donated prizes!

We also want to encourage people to post photos of their fish or aquariums on the Facebook page because the more fun photos we have the more fun our Facebook page will become...thus attracting even more members!

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to PM me or Nerine.

Enjoy everyone!!

Fishnut

I'll be adding a gallery of the sponsors' logos and their information at some point this coming week end.

This Facebook page is in it's infancy!