New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

29 Biocube

Started by delslo, April 17, 2011, 05:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delslo

Well we might be moving in the next couple months, might be buying a house next week (fingers crossed), so I will glue the pipes together after the move.

JetJumper

Congrats!  Always fun! :D
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

delslo

So, the move didn't exactly go well....I lost my Angel fish and my sixline, but everyone else survived. The corals are in... okay...well... they have seen better days. I am trying to find a new bigger skimmer.

Hookup

sorry for your loss... that sucks.

delslo

Big changes in the tank,
I have had it setup at the new place for 6 months now, unfortunately I have been somewhat neglecting it, but nonetheless the tank is stable. I decided it was time to do some work, so after much internal debate I decided to further modify my drilled bc29. There is now no back chamber, I just need to work on the rock scape and angle the light better.

delslo

Well more changes, I modified the bc14 sump tank to create a refugium, total cost $35. Just need to grab a light and some cheato and its up and going. I also picked up a bubble magnus nac5e. Overkill for the tank I think, but it's working. I have black footed trocus breeding in the tank so I must be doing something right, pictures to be posted tonight.

delslo

better late than never, refugium up and running, but since the change I have had a micro bubble problem in the tank, any suggestions would be helpful.

delslo

Well I still can't get rid of the micro bubbles, I switched to a braided line for the intake side thinking that the pump wasn't getting enough water, but it didn't stop it. I can't see the bubbles coming out of the return tube, but the micro bubbles are still prominent in the tank. Does anyone have any suggestions?