New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

To bake, or not to bake, cookies are the question

Started by babblefish1960, December 19, 2006, 02:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

PLease vote with confidence, for there has to be a way to help Roxydog believe that she can make those wonderful cookies we have all come to love.

It's just like in Peter Pan, we believe in you Roxydog, we love your special delicious cookies, you know you want to make them. :-*

We know you are so much more than mere cookies, but you are a true cookie meister, and once bitten, they are compelling. :'(

So for the sake of discerning palates the world over, please take this poll to heart and believe us when we tell you, we want your cookies please. ;D

beowulf

I have not had the pleasure to try these amazing confectioneries and would love to try one of these tasty morsels.

artw

They are very good.  I highly recommend you attend the meeting just for the cookies.

bitterman

I goto the meeting partually for the cookies, but also to visit with people. The auctions are nice also.

Jenn, If you entered some of you cookies inteh auction I think they woudl get a very high price!!!!

RoxyDog

Jody, tell me I am not really posting in a thread about cookie baking (a biased one at that!), and what's with "angry face" smiley?  you guys make me laugh.   :P
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

bitterman

Jenn, People probably don't realize the hours you spend making those wonderfull tasty morsels! I much perfer your home made cookies, but I do understand if you stop making them.

Bruce

Laura

Although I voted for your cookies and agree they're delish, I must say that I'm with Bruce.  I think you said you made about 6 dozen cookies for the last meeting  :o (which were scarfed back in about 5 mins - a testament to their greatness!!)

They are time consuming, but oh so wonderful.  I'll appreciate them, but understand if they don't make an appearance.

That's a good point for auctioning the cookies though......
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

babblefish1960

Quote from: RoxyDog on December 19, 2006, 09:26:48 AM
Jody, tell me I am not really posting in a thread about cookie baking (a biased one at that!), and what's with "angry face" smiley?  you guys make me laugh.   :P
Yes you are surely posting in a thread about cookie baking...why you ask? Because deep down inside the well of your soul, beats the heart of motherlove, and it tells you, "roxy...make cookies...you know everyone loves them...you pass the love out to the crazy fish people with every cookie...roxy...they need you" (should be heard in a soft falsetto). Pretty good impression of your inner angst eh?

I chose the angry face smiley, because I know it is your favourite non-smiling smiley, and I thought it might get your attention, I see it worked, here you are. ;D

My only other question would have to be, perhaps someone would like to volunteer their kitchen so that roxydog could make these wonderful cookies uninterrupted by real life demands.

C'mon Roxygirl, I'm begging you here, I only attend the meetings because of the cookies you so lovingly craft. ;) :P

darkdep

Roxy, charge a quarter for each cookie.  They will still go fast, but it'll slow a little bit while people look for change, and it'll help pay for your supplies :)

artw

Jenn, remember, you did have a little elf offer to bake the same kind of cookies concurrently in their kitchen too :D

RoxyDog

A begging Babblefish eh?  Frightening.  :P

APW, OVAS pays for the supplies just as they foot the bill for store bought cookies.  $$ is not the issue...

I'm thinking maybe we can have a cookie potluck next meeting?  Then I'll only have to make like 2 dozen cookies instead of a kazillion!  How's that work for ya, let's add it to the poll.   ;D

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

artw

That is an awesome idea!
just don't ask Babblefish to make his special brownies ;)

bitterman

Quote from: artw on December 19, 2006, 01:36:01 PM
That is an awesome idea!
just don't ask Babblefish to make his special brownies ;)

Art what are you implying? What kind of brownies?

beowulf

Quote from: bitterman on December 19, 2006, 02:03:29 PM
Art what are you implying? What kind of brownies?

They have special properties that render the eater very relaxed.

artw

the chocolate ones, of course, Bruce!
I know how you feel about Chocolate. :D

bitterman

Quote from: artw on December 19, 2006, 03:31:05 PM
the chocolate ones, of course, Bruce!
I know how you feel about Chocolate. :D

Chocolate = Hospital visit!

Sarah Bella

babblefish1960

As far as I am aware, the key ingredient in special brownies, is lots of chocolate, this is important as chocolate is one of the four food groups, any woman can attest to this as fact.

And if Art is the little elf with the oven roxydog, you must insist that he dress appropriately to the task, and don the harlequin suit as he did for Jody's wedding to some woman somewhere. ;)  Just don't let him anywhere near any pineapples with large knives.

I must admit that a cookie potluck may well be a capital idea, where else but in the country's capital would one find such bureaucratic suggestions. But hey, if it nets at least some of roxydogs magical cookies, so be it, for insofar as this foodie is concerned, it's all about the cookies, and maybe a few fish after the cookies.  :D

squeeker

Jenn, your oatmeal cookies were to DIE for.  You have to make more... but just for me  :D

RoxyDog

vote for the cookie potluck!!!  please?  :D  heehee